Does Steve Vai charge for autographs?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
R1FSR

NO he doesnt charge for signatures
....if he does ill be expecting a serious sized bill through the door soon :wink:
Cleggy

Where abouts on the DVD are you on about? I cant think without watching it where you mean?
Naffis-kun

Hahaha!
He signed your 10e bill :D. Cool dude.
I hope you won't be buying anything with that 8).
It's worth a fortune now.
resha

ax murderer wrote:the only time you get charged for his signature is if you buy an Ibanez Jem.... :wink:
that's right dude :wink: !
The Reaper

LucySorets wrote:
shacks wrote:
slave_426 wrote:Does Steve Vai charge for autographs? I was watching G3 Live in Denver (2003) and it looked like Vai exchanged an autograph for money. Can someone let me know if he does?
~Thanks
Yeah the going rate is $5.00 a letter. Just be thankfull he has a short name!!

shacks
shacks, LOL :lol:

Here is the explanation :P

signed for our fellow member marqq

Obviously that fan was giving Steve his 'good luck' dollar to be signed 8)

Steve signs autographs very kindly and patiently, even more than you can expect! And for free of course ;-)
That was a cool idea to get his lucky dollar signed. Anway, Steve isn't the type of guy who would make fans pay for an autograph.
MEX

well, if you think about it.. steve didn't get any money on that autograph but it was an expensive one, there goes 10e that guy will never spend 8)
jam3z
Newcomer

Steve never charged me, He signed my guitar and Ultra zone CD for free, while having a conversation about how much of a nasty cold he had during the gig!!
chrose1201

Steve signs autographs very kindly and patiently, even more than you can expect! And for free of course ;-)
That is so true, I have seen other people sign things and had quite a few signed for me as well. Steve is a pleasure to watch because he gives everybody the time of day. I think it's the people who aren't so high and mighty that make the biggest productions. The truly gifted like Steve are humble and actually treat you like you are a friend of theirs. SRV was the same way rest his soul.
Jonesy038

Anyone who charges for an autograph is a self-righteous scumbag who, in the words of Alan Partridge, should be put in stocks and pelted with cabbages, hot bovril and gravel.

Did I mention I don't like people who charge for autographs? Makes my blood boil.
mange

He didn't charge me when he signed my JEM... :wink:
Ekim

I have more than 20 or so signatures from Steve, he's never charged me more than my admission.