Mike kenealy or tony macalpine?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
toms-ruin

hey all, iv always preferred mike kenealy to tony macalpine, in my opinion he just had more style and stage pressence, and his playing just seemed more fluid.

But thats just me, im just wondering what every one else thinks.
treeduck

Well I think it's a matter of taste, Mike is more in the tradition of Zappa I'd say, he's more quirky and has a lot more humour in his playing. Tony though knows a heck of a lot especially regarding classical piano and his guitar playing is right up there with Steve's hmmmmmmmm it's a hard one. If pressed I'd go with Tony...
toms-ruin

yeah ur rite tony does know a hell of a lot and i wouldnt dare question his musical knoledge, but im still sticking with mike :D

ne one else? :D
sonny sixshooter

Tony is cool, but I'd go with Mike. All the way!
Picabo

Mike! Mike! Mike! Mike! :headbang

But Tony's a hell of a musician too. :)
ppvai

im going with tony ,he always do very cool riffs :headbang
sauro82

Absolutely Mike!!!!!!!!
Even if Tony is so fast, clean and technical,maybe even more than Steve.
But Mike and Steve use their guitar as their tongues.And what an attitude!!! :guitar :headbang
Moderator777

Both of their shit smells different. None of which smells like roses though - I'm certain. They are different people with different styles who each provided something unique to Steve's lineup. I like them both uniquely for their careers outside of the Vai world but also find their redwood tree sized splinter of Vai time to be perfect for what was expected from a Vai band on tour. I miss Mike but also enjoy what Tony has to offer for this current crew.

Let’s love it for what we have because when it’s anything involving Steve you know it has to be good and most importantly what Steve has in mind. Steve wouldn’t hire me to replace Dave or Tony just because I moderate his forum. My shit smells nothing nice, even if I try to shove a rose-scented Glade air freshener up my cornhole. But the stench isn't something that would make Steve's band complete. It's beyond the poop smell - it's the talent what makes his band complete. Everyone is different and everyone's poop stinks different, but don't judge a man by his poop stink - judge a man by his talent!

...and Steve's band doesn't stink, no matter who is in it.

Did I make sense or did my medication take over?

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
treeduck

Moderator777 wrote:Both of their shit smells different. None of which smells like roses though - I'm certain. They are different people with different styles who each provided something unique to Steve's lineup. I like them both uniquely for their careers outside of the Vai world but also find their redwood tree sized splinter of Vai time to be perfect for what was expected from a Vai band on tour. I miss Mike but also enjoy what Tony has to offer for this current crew.

Let’s love it for what we have because when it’s anything involving Steve you know it has to be good and most importantly what Steve has in mind. Steve wouldn’t hire me to replace Dave or Tony just because I moderate his forum. My shit smells nothing nice, even if I try to shove a rose-scented Glade air freshener up my cornhole. But the stench isn't something that would make Steve's band complete. It's beyond the poop smell - it's the talent what makes his band complete. Everyone is different and everyone's poop stinks different, but don't judge a man by his poop stink - judge a man by his talent!

...and Steve's band doesn't stink, no matter who is in it.

Did I make sense or did my medication take over?

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
Errrr ok mate... :? :lol:
Bono

Screw that...I say Tony and Mike!
toms-ruin

tony and mike that would be suminc to see! :P
stu_hig

Both are fantastic musicians without a doubt.

I'd probably go with Mike for his stage presence. But it's a tough one! :)
JDouglee

Tony Mac
mental speedin

must say i like tony more but iv heard stories about mike that blew me away
metalus

I like them both. So i can't choose sorry!. :)

Loz