Songs that would be amazing for steve to cover

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
alienillusions
Banned

Yes, All Along The Watchtower is a great jam tune.... How about Even Flow or Alive by Pearl Jam...Mustang Sally by the Committments...Hard To Handle by The Black Crows....Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry...
strat167

Not to sound like a idiot or something, but i think it would be awsome for Vai to do some classical covers... but make it more modern, sort of like what Satriani did with Bethovens 5th (or was that Vai.. hmm not sure)

Also it would be so awsome to hear him do a cover on Satch's Searching, its a simple enough song, but using the pictch changer wha, that would just be awsome to hear what Vai can do with it.

Also Satch's Bamboo....

but back to the main thing classical tunes turned into pure Vai would sound so awsome.
resha

Guitars Rock!! wrote:Purple Rain - so beutiful :shock:
yep I totally agree with you :P

Heartbreaker or Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

Faded by Ben Harper
thelordofcheesecake

I think it'd be great if he did a Zappa[size=0]RIP[/size] cover or two "Zoot Allures" for example.
ernzzz

voodoo child - hendrix
kashmir - zeppelin
Real_Confusions

strat167 wrote:Not to sound like a idiot or something, but i think it would be awsome for Vai to do some classical covers... but make it more modern, sort of like what Satriani did with Bethovens 5th (or was that Vai.. hmm not sure)
That was actually Nuno Bettoncourt that covered Beethoven's 5th. You can read about it on Satch's website, somewhere.
saxaxe

I wanna see what Steve would do with some heavier music: Pantera, Unearth, and I bet he could add a unique sound, while still retaining the mood with some songs from Tool.
alienillusions
Banned

ernzzz wrote:voodoo child - hendrix
kashmir - zeppelin
Voodoo Child's been done....see G3 DVD and CD for evidence...
ernzzz

yeh true ... but its not the concept i would like.... i was thinkin in Vaughan's instrumental version... its like a movie, everything flows from the start to the end.... the same for little wing for example ... will be great to see how Vai will make that "movie"...
Real_Confusions

ernzzz wrote:yeh true ... but its not the concept i would like.... i was thinkin in Vaughan's instrumental version... its like a movie, everything flows from the start to the end.... the same for little wing for example ... will be great to see how Vai will make that "movie"...
If you happen to snag a copy of Vai's Live in Astoria, it contains a great version of "Little Wing."
ernzzz

wow nice.. thnx for the info... i will have to get a look :D
Balex the Shizzle

i want to see what stevew could do with 'reach', by s club 7....
stratocastermaster

johnny b goode?
mr_vai777

led zep - since ive been loving you
hendrix - machine gun
yngwie malmsteen - black star
michael angelo batio - no boundaries (speed lives)

how fricken awesome would that be :P
stratocastermaster

OOO comfortably numb 8)