Older pictures.

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
jsdetrait

Dear Steve and dear people from this site.

I was one of the guys who said, 5 months ago, that vai.com was dead (sorry :oops: )... What an improvement since that date. Well done, keep on doing that way!!! :D

I have a request :oops: : I'd like to see some older picture in vai.com. As a huge fan of ibanez jem guitar I would like to see some pictures of Our master Steve Vai on tour with David lee roth around 1988. It would be awesome and pretty rare.

For the moment the vai gallery only shows picture of Steve Vai from 1995 to 2003. What about having more (from 1960 :wink: to 2003) ???

Thanx if it possible and congratulations for your brand new forum!!!
Jean-Sebastien :wink:
Moderator777

jsdetrait wrote:I'd like to see some older picture in vai.com
How's this for starters?

:) Yep! That's Little Stevie Vai! What a nice little boy! :)

Try this link on vai.com for more pictures from the older days:
http://www.vai.com/AllAboutSteve/bands.html

Perhaps in the future Mikey can get some additional live vintage stuff up.

--------------
Thank you,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
jsdetrait

Hello 777;
It was fast...:shock:
I first think of the "big steve gallery" when I saw these pictures lately this afternoon (cf : your link)... :wink:
Can't wait till you have some new ones. A lot of people and I got some steve vai's pictures from magazines but I don't know if we are able to share it on the web (That's why I'd like to have some official ones).
Thanx again... I'll stay in touch!
Jean-Sébastien
PS : Sorry for my english!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

hello!

I have a lot of older pix of Steve here and I will be putting together a new gallery once I've had a chance to go through everything with Steve.

I also have complete images of the rehearsals and performance of Fire Strings.

The image galleries are still being worked on, and like the guitar galleries, they are a large area that will evolve and improve over time.

I'll also be compiling new photos from the recording sessions into one gallery also - so stay tuned for that :)

Steve sends me images he has taken from time to time also, and i have a little pile here that I'll put into a new gallery of images!

Lastly: Magazine images - not something we can post in the site without permission from respective photgraphers and publications. However, you'll will see images on the site that you won't see anywhere else!

Stay tuned :) You won't be disappointed :)

peace,
Mikey :)
jsdetrait

Mikey;
If you manage to do that, vai.com will definitly my favourite site ever (with jemsite.com)...
:D
Thanx so much to all the vai.com team...
Steve loves his fans and that's one of the reasons we love him too (may be his talent too of course and the joy he gives us while playing).
Can't wait to see more!
JS :wink:
TheTwanMan

the mysterious FIRE STRINGS :shock: :shock: 8)
wow, i cant wait to see that:) SSV pics are always cool, but this would bring the house down:D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

:)

I'll get to work on the galleries in the next few days - it's time to take a break from the guitar galleries ;)

- Mikey :)
jsdetrait

I totally agree with you... One goal at one one time (could you say that in english?)...
...But we're so excited!!! :twisted:
Cheers
JS
PS : Don't even think about taking a break........... (i'm kidding!)
kettil

Moderator777 wrote: Try this link on vai.com for more pictures from the older days:
http://www.vai.com/AllAboutSteve/bands.html
Those pics are great!. The only drawback is that they aren't thumbnails. I would like to be able to click on them to get a pop-up window with bigger, more viewable versions. :) Only a thought,

Kettil R.

Östersund, Sweden
Allen Garrow

Yeah, I would also like to say "awesome job Mike and Anthony". This site is becoming exciting again. By no means am I slamming Rich Pike and the work he did. The site just needed more time than he was able to give it. This site will be a shining example of what a "Celeb site" should be. It shows that Steve and web workers really care about keeping everyone updated on what is going on. It's much more personal and homey feeling.
No hype, no BS!

Again thank guys for you time and dedication and above all, thanks for being so personalble.

~A
Ricky Garcia

Thats crazy to see Vai like this... I think if somebody would have told him what he will become in the future he would have put the guitar away forever because of beeing scared!!
Allen Garrow

Ricky, I must disagree. Would you have put away the guitar if someone were to have told you the that you'd be famous? It would be interesting to know just how much family support Steve actually had growing. I would guess it to be one of them tight knit Italian family scenario's.

~A
Joel Lyndgohrd

You can find a pretty old photo of Steve if you check out the Fire Garden tab book right? :wink:
gabrielsean
Newcomer

Joel Lyndgohrd wrote:You can find a pretty old photo of Steve if you check out the Fire Garden tab book right? :wink:
No way!? Wow... The "When I was a Little Boy" picture? It says at the bottom that the picture was taken by John Vai.
Joel Lyndgohrd

There is also a couple of old pictures in the "100% Steve Vai" book (came with Young Guitar).