dont like latest picture on guitar magazine

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
BigBadMoFoGangsta

dont like latest picture on guitar magazine

#1 Post by BigBadMoFoGangsta » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 am

Anyone else not like this picture on Guitar Magazine cover? I wouldn't have authorized it if it was me. Too suggestive of Steve appearing to be losing his manhood.

R1FSR

Re: dont like latest picture on guitar magazine

#2 Post by R1FSR » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:55 am

??

lydian2000

#3 Post by lydian2000 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:04 am

BigBadMoFoGangsta wrote:Anyone else not like this picture on Guitar Magazine cover? I wouldn't have authorized it if it was me. Too suggestive of Steve appearing to be losing his manhood.
I think your membername is quite revealing on the matter.

BigBadMoFoGangsta

#4 Post by BigBadMoFoGangsta » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Lydian2000,
Im sorry if I made you cry. Please let me reassure you that this is by no means a personal attack on Steve or any of his musical work. I simply think the picture is silly. On the other hand, I think the artwork of Passion and Warfare is very cool, along with Ultrazone album cover, just to name two. Why does everyone start attacking someone for offering an honest opinion of something? Lighten up.

Peace

Breeder

#5 Post by Breeder » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:36 pm

http://www.vai.com/messageboard/viewtop ... 10&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fyrie

#6 Post by fyrie » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:03 pm

BigBadMoFoGangsta,

You do understand this is a recreation of the Flexable album cover from the early 80s right?

teokiatuan

#7 Post by teokiatuan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:52 pm

BigBadMoFoGangsta wrote:Lydian2000,
Im sorry if I made you cry. Please let me reassure you that this is by no means a personal attack on Steve or any of his musical work. I simply think the picture is silly. On the other hand, I think the artwork of Passion and Warfare is very cool, along with Ultrazone album cover, just to name two. Why does everyone start attacking someone for offering an honest opinion of something? Lighten up.

Peace

then you should lighten up about the picture too bro, it doesn't mean what you think and as the above post said, its a recreation of flexable's cover. :wink: :peace

lydian2000

#8 Post by lydian2000 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 am

BigBadMoFoGangsta wrote:Lydian2000,

Peace
o.k, fair enough but then you should have just pointed that out in the first place, that it was just a silly picture, instead of mentioning Steve's manhood.

:peace

Seraphim

#9 Post by Seraphim » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:31 am

Now I got your point, yesterday I read your post without any reply from other forum member and thought to myself "wtf", probably was what the 2nd post means with the "??" :mrgreen:

And yeah, why mentioning Steve's manhood?

But what I think, like it or not the picture itself, it's up with Steve authorize the picture or not!!!

Anyway, we are talking about a Guitar magazine, not a fashion magazine :wink:
And I don't think you made cry "Lydian 2000" :mrgreen:

As a final note, HONESTLY, glad that you have explained your thread :P

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

boswell

#10 Post by boswell » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:59 am

BigBadMoFoGangsta wrote:Anyone else not like this picture on Guitar Magazine cover? I wouldn't have authorized it if it was me. Too suggestive of Steve appearing to be losing his manhood.
Steve is obviously more at one with his sexuality that your good self. I take it you wouldn't wear some of Steve's shirts either. :wink:

Breeder

#11 Post by Breeder » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:57 am

boswell wrote: Steve is obviously more at one with his sexuality that your good self. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok this is just strange man!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thejonesfactor

#12 Post by thejonesfactor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 am

WTF?! I mean the 1st thing I thought of was how cool a redo of the orig. cover it is. The 2nd thing is, MAN Steve has been doing this a long time and still rocks. NEVER did the thought of Steve's manhood, or lack thereof, come to mind. I was mildly curious as to why a guy who calls himself "bigbadmofogangsta", is into heady music like Vai's.

Keep on Rockin' Steve and happy anniversary.

thejonesfactor

#13 Post by thejonesfactor » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:42 am

I had to back order the magazine since it was already off the shelves. Great stuff! I was rather disappointed that, after all these years and countless interviews and articles, they still can't get their facts straight.
Steve was NOT plucked directly from Berkley by Zappa to be a transcriber and player of "impossible guitar" parts. I know it is a little thing, but we all know this, how come GW doesn't by now.
Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed the issue and all the Steve it brought.
Can't wait for his re-issue w/ the book as well as the DVD for Sound Theories. :guitar

cosmic ape

#14 Post by cosmic ape » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:52 am

If anything, if your manhood is that big, it WILL bend downwards... There's no shame in gravity!!!

call_of_ktulu

#15 Post by call_of_ktulu » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:12 am

I think the photo is great. There is nothing wrong with Steve and its a nice copy of the Flex-able cover 8)