With pic of Steve you love most

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
-yasi-

<Mike> wrote:what tatoo does steve have on his shoulder? what is it about?
hmm a guitar with some flowers ;-)
<Mike>

ahh right. No idea what axis means though.
slash89

<Mike> wrote:ahh right. No idea what axis means though.
I'm not sure if this is the correct answer, but Axis was one of Steve's old bands.
< http://www.vai.com/AllAboutSteve/bands.html > wrote:Axis (1978-1979)

Members:
Steve Vai: guitar
Dave Rosenthal: keyboards and guitar
Eddie Rodgers: drums
Stu Hamm: bass

This was the first band I put together at Berklee College of Music. We had great times. We would get up really early and wait on line for rehearsal rooms and rehearse our wierd music all night. It was in this band that I wrote much music that was later recorded for “Flex-Able”, etc. There are some existing tapes of this band floating about. (If you have any such recordings, please e-mail us at .)
resha

It's referred to a Jimi song

http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/STEVEVA.IO0.html

scroll down a little :wink:
Jem22

Does anyone know the story behind Angelicosis's "male model" photo of Steve? It seems very uncharacterstic of Steve, as his photos usually include a guitar in it (as his music / his band is the focus of most photos) but in this one his body is the focus. Why did he get this pic done? (and when?)

A very nice picture though, don't anyone get the idea I'm complaining or anything!!! :D Thanks for sharing Angelicosis!

One of my favourite photos is this one from the Grammy's:

http://www.vai.com/SightsSounds/images/ ... ys_sv2.jpg
Angelicosis

Jem22 wrote:Does anyone know the story behind Angelicosis's "male model" photo of Steve? It seems very uncharacterstic of Steve, as his photos usually include a guitar in it (as his music / his band is the focus of most photos) but in this one his body is the focus. Why did he get this pic done? (and when?)

A very nice picture though, don't anyone get the idea I'm complaining or anything!!! :D Thanks for sharing Angelicosis!

No problem Jem22 :) I love this picture, it's absolutely my top favorite, although there's no guitar on it. I have it thanks to the kindness of Christin :)
It's supposed to come from the Fire Garden Tourbook, so it should have been taken around that time.

I can't read the name of the photographer but I would certainly ask Steve about the idea for the pic, when I have a chance, because it is intriguing indeed. Not typical for Steve, but He certainly looks stunning :!:

Another one that I highly admire is the one from the Ulra Zone cover

also not typical, since there's no guitar, but I like Him like this :wink:

All the best,
Angelika
cnc74

Hey Angelika,
The photographer is Ross Peltron.
Christin
Angelicosis

thanks Christin :)
You're the best, as always :wink:
777lovein

Angelicosis wrote:
Jem22 wrote:Does anyone know the story behind Angelicosis's "male model" photo of Steve? It seems very uncharacterstic of Steve, as his photos usually include a guitar in it (as his music / his band is the focus of most photos) but in this one his body is the focus. Why did he get this pic done? (and when?)

No problem Jem22 :) I love this picture, it's absolutely my top favorite, although there's no guitar on it. I have it thanks to the kindness of Christin :)
It's supposed to come from the Fire Garden Tourbook, so it should have been taken around that time.

I can't read the name of the photographer but I would certainly ask Steve about the idea for the pic, when I have a chance, because it is intriguing indeed. Not typical for Steve, but He certainly looks stunning :!:

All the best,
Angelika
wow can you make the little pics bigger?
Zeds.Ded

Vai in that pic is literally a work of art!
Angelicosis

the one from the ultra zone cover is just a photo of the cover in macro mode, that's why it's so big :D
and yes Steve looks like a work of art :wink:
777lovein

great pics please more of them :)
maximus

Angelicosis wrote:

All the best,
Angelika
Ummmm I want the Fire Garden Tourbook. :D
777lovein

more pics please :)