My EVO Experience -- Fillmore, 4/26

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
resha

If I remember the right thing Steve thanks Thomas in Flex-able notes too, so their collaboration has been very long :P
miker

Steve's been with Nordegg since the Zappa days... yeah around the time of Flex-Able... If I am correct. He talks about it on the extras disc of "Live at the Astoria."
jemgirl

miker!! thank you so much for the complete answer!
i really appriciate that.

oh btw, youre ears still buzzing?

patricia :wink:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thomas started teching for Steve on tour in 2000, I think it was the European UZ tour. Before that, it was Roger Bell for a substantial period (and before Roger there was another dude, who's name escapes me right now).

Thomas teched for others in those days after Z, I think mostly Duran Duran ( Warren Cuccurullo)
miker

Ah... my bad. Thanks for the info Jeroen. I'ma have to watch that Astoria disc more closely... :oops:

Had some hearing protection Patricia... I would recommend it. They were passing ear plugs out during sound check. So... ears were back to normal after a couple days. :lol:
RAI

I was at a dress rehearsal for the UZ tour (fall '99), and I think Steve mentioned that he had a new tech (which was Thomas). It seemed quite obvious that he was "new", because him and Steve weren't quite in-sync on things.
A couple of times it actually looked like Steve was ready to lose his cool...
Quite funny.

:lol:
cnc74

Excellent pictures Mike. You look as if you had a great time w/ Steve. I saw Steve on March 31 here in Boston. I talked w/ him for a while that morning. He is so good to his fans. Hes just a great guy all around.
Thanks for sharing your pictures. They're great.
Here's a pic of me and Steve.
Christin
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/christinz ... pg&.src=ph
miker

Hey thanks for sharing Christin! Great pic of you and Steve. What's that in his hand... Breakfast? :D

Enjoyed looking through your photo album. Good times.

Hey RAI, shouldn'ta doubted you man, heh. Right on the money, eh.
alienillusions
Banned

Don't tell me Steve eats donuts..... :shock:
cnc74

The minute I noticed the donuts in Steve's hand, he jumped right in and told me that he was getting them for Jeremy. I mentioned to him that I didn't think he ate donuts, and he said, " No, not me. I don't eat like that."
What an experience. Being able to talk w/ Steve and nobody else be around. It was almost surreal. I can't wait for the next tour.
Any more pics, Mike?
miker

Hi Christin, I have a couple more pics from Mark... here they are:

Image[/img]
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

miker

Cool. Good stuff. Thanks Jeroen.
cnc74

Thanks Mike. Those were great. It takes me right back to the show. I find myself looking at my photos everyday. I just can't get enough of Steve.
Christin
resha

Jeroen wrote:Thomas started teching for Steve on tour in 2000, I think it was the European UZ tour. Before that, it was Roger Bell for a substantial period (and before Roger there was another dude, who's name escapes me right now).

Thomas teched for others in those days after Z, I think mostly Duran Duran ( Warren Cuccurullo)
so maybe they were friends since Zappa's days but Thomas started teching for Steve only in the UZ european tour?
I didn't know that... :oops: thank Jeroen :P