My EVO Experience -- Fillmore, 4/26

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
SRVoodoo

#31 Post by SRVoodoo » Tue May 03, 2005 1:44 pm

Wow! those are awsome pics & you're sooooo lucky to have gotten to hold EVO!
When Steve came to Philly, we didn't get to hold EVO :roll:
I dunno what happened, either it was because Steve was sick or because all of the equipment arrived late in the day.
At least I got to meet Steve & he named my guitar OVE
(EVO backwards :wink: )

miker

#32 Post by miker » Tue May 03, 2005 4:04 pm

Sorry you didn't get a chance to check his axe... that was indeed pretty cool. But, hey you met the man... so that ain't too shabby at all!

I was too chicken to take my guitar... heh. Sometimes I think too much.

Ffats

#33 Post by Ffats » Wed May 04, 2005 8:03 pm

RAI wrote:
miker wrote:Thomas Nordegg has been Steve's guitar tech for more than a couple decades...
I was under the impression that Steve didn't hook-up with Thomas until the UZ tour...
:?
It might be stretching it a little, but Nordegg used to work with Zappa, and I suppose it could be reasonably inferred that they could have worked together.

miker

#34 Post by miker » Fri May 06, 2005 8:33 am

This is true... but there was something like a 15 year (mebbe more) gap between when Nordegg worked for Zappa and then when he hooked up with Vai during the Ultra Zone album/tour. I mistakenly assumed they had been together all that time, didn't listen closely enough to Nordegg's comments on the Astoria Bonus DVD.