Fire Strings Gallery

Discuss Vai.com's Photo Galleries, along with studio, live and rare photos - or showcase your own Vai-related photography here.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

A new collection of images from the Fire Strings shows added to the Photo Galleries.

Check them out here...

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Sava
Newcomer

Nice rig Steve had for the shows :).. notice the Boss ds-1 there..

Wonder if that "Speaker Ball" was custom made for this show??
(There are also atleast 2 half-balls, one infront of the conductor and one behind Steve's rig..)

By the look of the number of the mics, the shows were properly recorded,
although I think the hall has active acoustic system as well...

All we need now are some soundclips, right??;)

-Sava-
Reaper

Mikey, what axe is that? I couldn't find it anywhere in the guitar gallery. :?:
badhorsie

i tried to sell my soul to see that show and to sit right in front of steve but nobody wanted to buy it :roll:
so i hope there will be a video available in the near future.
pleeeeease...
fyrie

Just a few 10 second sound clips would be great! Or maybe just 1 passage?
Given To Fly

This might be illegal but it would be cool to see the music for Fire Strings. Like just a page or something. It's too hard to really make out anything on the current pictures. But as I said, that might be illegal.
Aqcst33

Awesome pics 8)

hehe i read the whole story the ''that was the worst shit i've ever heard'' part was really funny :lol:

At one of those pictures there was this guy that looks like mr. miyagi from the karate kid :shock:
Tom

Great pics, thanks for putting them up.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Reaper wrote:Mikey, what axe is that? I couldn't find it anywhere in the guitar gallery. :?:
Here's a bit of info on the guitar from Steve himself:
Ahh,
This was a prototype guitar I was working on with Ibanez. The idea was to create the Ultra Guitar with many features that you would never see on a guitar.
It has a built in tuner, headphone system, and complete FX built into it. Actually it has a Pandora's box built into it! A sustainer; built in wireless system; all sorts of phase switches and a ton of other stuff I can't remember. Two years of work went into this guitar and the plan was to make it a commercial item but the cost would have been very expensive, and as a result we scrapped it. I don't even know where this guitar is right now but it's around here somewhere it's it is Ultra Cooool.

s.
I'll dig it up, and when I do, I'll take a bunch of photos and put them on Vai.com for your viewing pleasure.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Reaper

Whoa... that's one cool axe. :shock: :D 8)
Renge

I was at that show. When you guys hear what Fire Strings was like you will be astounded. I was like 2nd row back dead pan infront of vai. I've never been so enthrawlled in all my life. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, parts of it sounded angst ridden and dimmented, but holy beans mcgee was it cool! - It was almost like being at a Keiji Haino show. - I remember Vai came out with this avacado green shirt on and I was like "well thats fruity... hmm" - and then I was knocked off my can by the first bit of music. o0 it was a fabulous three nights at Suntory Hall.
Willie

Steve had the best idea though, to have a prototype made of it 8) :), I wonder if Ibanez will make a "Digital Guitar" the same as what Gibson have done? :), I think that if Ibanez did, it would be better :), what do you guys think?:)
resha

As I'm watching the pics I'm looking forward for the 2cds/dvd to come out, really anxious :)

Steve looks really focused while studing the scores :wink:

But I sincerely don't think those "John Lennon glasses" fits :roll:

:P
munchocruncho

Everyone should have a pair of Lennon glasses.
Seriously, I'd kill to be Lennon.
Minus the sex with Yoko Ono part.
hewhoshreds

munchocruncho wrote:Everyone should have a pair of Lennon glasses.
Seriously, I'd kill to be Lennon.
Minus the sex with Yoko Ono part.
Hahaha! She's a wench now, was presenting '100 Greatest albums' or something idiotic, can't stand the woman.