New guitars added...

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Just added to the guitar gallery:

The Ultra Zone Guitar...

More coming in the next few days including PIA; new shots of Neville; the white Jem triple neck; the green fabric JEM77 prototype; and "Ike Turner" - Steve's pink Jackson from the DLR days.

Know why it was called Ike Turner?
Last edited by Mikey on Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gabe Nickelson

WOW! Thanks for the detailed pictures of the UZ guitar! I've seen that one off and on. Looks like it could double as a weapon!

Thanks for keeping the site updated! It's great!

Gabe
Last edited by Gabe Nickelson on Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

More additions and updates to the Guitar Galleries:

Neville, PIA and the Green Fabric Jem77 prototype (below)...

jsdetrait

The less I can say is many thanx... :wink:
yes!!!
but, we want some more :) ... That's so good!!!
It's a really good idea to see the guitar's back!
Thanx for your job!
Jean-Sébastien
PS : What about the "bfp prototype" and the "floral with pyramid inlays"???
TheTwanMan

Wow, neat ax there! Not as nice as the "usual" Floral pattern, but hey! its nice to see something new:D Cant wait to see FLO;)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

The floral with pyramid inlays is not owned by Steve anymore. He gave the guitar to his friend Marty Schwartz (of Western Vacation fame). We'll do our best to get new or better images of that guitar.

The BFP Proto is also no longer in Steve's posession, but once again, we'll do our best to track down new images.
bobsbus

Mikey, I am so glad that you understand what a sick addiction to photos of Steve's guitars most fans have.

Thanks for the effort.
ScreamJem7

Ditto to what bob said.

My keyboard is now covered in drool thanks to the pic's of Steve's new DNA Universe with 27 frets! 8)
jsdetrait

Steve doesn't have his bfp prototype anymore :( :cry:
One of myfavourtite floral pattern was on a steve's guitar as shown here (Guitar World (USA)
May 1988)
: http://www.vai.com/AllAboutSteve/press/1988-1986.html Does is still own this guitar?... Could it be possible to have that picture in the gallery?... Please!!! :oops:
Bobsbus is right I'm one of the guys who has a sick addiction to photos of Steve's guitars!!! (somebody gets me a doctor!!!)
Thanx if you have time to answer my question.
Js :wink:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

hello,

I'm not sure if Steve still has the floral on the front of the May 88 Guitar World.

I've not seen it among his collection. Currently, the only floral around the studio is the one with the synth controller installed.

I'll do a little research and see what I can find.

For those of you drooling, would you like some desktop patters of close-up shots of the FLOG Universe? We're trying to decide what new desktops to create.

More guitars are coming. I just had to add a 5th page to the guitar galleries, so expect to see it fill up! There are a lot more guitars still to come :)

- Mikey :)
jsdetrait

mikey;
Many thanx to you for answering all the billion questions I have. I appreciate a lot! :wink:
Of course the idea of having a desktop patters of close-up shots of the FLOG Universe is a good one. It could also be ad esktop patters of close-up shots of the historical steve's axe.
By historical, I mean the guitar who really puts a "steve vai's trademark"on everybody's mind : for me it the "PAW (passion and warfare for the newcomers) universe" 8) , the jem "lng" (more close up!!!) 8) , the jem "fp" 8) and "evo"" 8) !!!
Thanx to spend some times reading me...
Vai.com is changing the best way possible!!!
JS
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I'm doing everything I can to locate some clean clear images of the PAW UV - but Steve no longer has it...

That guitar means a lot to many people. :)

- Mikey
Ricky Garcia

Wasnt the UZ guitar raffeled away during jemfest 2000 and then appeared on ebay later on??
Gabe Nickelson

Ricky Garcia wrote:Wasnt the UZ guitar raffeled away during jemfest 2000 and then appeared on ebay later on??
Hey Ricky! That was a different guitar. The neck on the Jemfest 2000 raffle guitar was from a Jem 90 HAM. I'll see if I can dig up a picture of it and post it here. It wasn't too impressive looking, but it was unique... that's for sure.

Please don't bring up the ebay 'scam'! I was just trying to forget that.

Gabe
Word

Gabe.. are you talking about this guitar?

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/j ... razone.htm