Does Steve use a noisegate?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
NOT!!!

Hi!

Does he use a noisegate?

If yes, which one???
badhorsie

hi

i don't know the setup he's using now.
but the last time i saw him live he used the tc electronics g-force for effects.
there's a noisegate included.

great little machine btw.

hope that helped a bit
badhorsie
The Extremist

Sorry, but what is a noise gate?
badhorsie

when u use high gain settings there might be noise when you stop playing.
the noisegate cuts these noises away. so it's absolutely quiet even when the gain is way up. but it must be a good noise gate. normally you can adjust the noise level that has to be cut away and the way or how fast it cuts. so you're able to create a good gate fitting to the amount of gain you want to use. but of course you loose a little bit of your sound. when you play in an ultra dynamic way you better not use a gate, but, then you won't ever play with high gain sounds so you don't even need one.

hope you understood this with my english :roll:

badhorsie
Klax

Is there a latency with the G-Force?

I have a pod Pro in my office equipment. When Im playing through the amp in my den and move to my office and plug into the Pod Pro, it is disorienting at first. I aclimate to the latency in a few minutes so it doesn't appear to be a problem.

Just curious if TC solved or minimized the latency issue with multi effect processors.

My Jem7WVH is held up in customs. Rich says that it will be a mimimum of 2 weeks. Ugh... So, there's time to research this.
Ffats

Yeah, the demos on the TC website have a guy playing - latency seems pretty much non existent. Here's a link to it. It could be trick photography, but the Astoria DVD pretty much shows zero latency.
badhorsie

sorry, didn't exaclty understand what the problem with your pod is.

what is 'latency' ?? :oops:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Gmajor only has latency when I stack a lot of effects, like thick chorus with a pitchshift that does whacky stuff. And I'm sure there are settings to correct it, but I just haven't found out yet..

Latency is a small time diffrence between striking the note and hearing it over your system, caused (in this case) by the time the effect unit needs to caculate the effected sound.
Ryan Layton
Banned

if anyone has tried both, how does the G Force rank up with the POD Pro or the POD XT.
badhorsie

well i guessed that, but wasn't sure... :roll:

with the g-force i don't hear any latency at all. perhaps when you put all possible effects in, some guys might hear a latency, i don't. all sounds i used ( even with almost every effect and pitching ) were perfect and had no recognizable latency.

the g-force is really amazing. i was even able to create the "ballerina" sound with it and it is 100% the same sound with no mistakes ( when you play carefully ). and steve used the ultra-expensive eventide stuff for that. and the sound from "alive in an ultra world - the black forest" was already on there. exaclty the same sound!! :shock:
steve has his own sounds you can buy with the chip card btw.
when you know this little machine and you are able to use all features you will find every imaginable effect in there. but sometimes it's a lot of work.

i haven't played the pod enough, just tested it for a few minutes.
so not being able to judge it fairly i can only say:
really great for practice and even recording. but i don't think it will sound good at high volumes. effects section compared to g-force...that's maybe why the g-force is sooo expensive...

badhorsie
Ryan Layton
Banned

i kinda expected that. the POD can get you the exact vai and satch tone etc because of the amp modeling but tit isn't an effects unit like the G Force