White Jem has been increasing in cost over the years

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
orlandopunk
Banned

White Jem has been increasing in cost over the years

#1 Post by orlandopunk » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:07 am

I remember a few years ago, like 2010, the white ibanez jem was only $2500, I remember it very clearly because I would search for it on many websites. Many years before that, it was only $2000, yet now it costs $3000.

What has changed to justify this increase in cost from $2500 to $3000? Not much, except the fact that Ibanez knows they can get away with it.

- scalloped 21-24 frets
- original edge tremolo
- little cosmetic details

That's probably it.

The price is never going to go down, If anything, it will increase with the years, as they add more little things to make it resemble more to EVO, probably up to $3500, yet in the end, is never even gonna come close to steve's guitars.

At this price, it should already come with a Fernandez sustainer installed, velcro on the head, backstops, and so many other stuff

Now, look at Joe Satriani, his new guitars are now cheaper, around $1500, and he is coming up with a new guitar with a sustainer included. Why can't Ibanez put that on the white jem, considering how much steve uses the sustainer?

Probably because of the cost, they refuse to lower the price on white jem, they are milking the fact that is the longest production signature model, the jem is probably the most expensive guitar on ibanez lineup, so it is very unlikely for them to add more stuff, and increase the price too much, they already know is too high now, but remember my words, the white jem, in a few years, will go up to $3500

guitars911

Re: White Jem has been increasing in cost over the years

#2 Post by guitars911 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Enough is enough. Too many posts from you complaining about the JEM. It's simple, dont buy one and move on.

Get a decent whatever guitar and focus on making the tone you prefer come from your fingers... You can't buy tone.

kyle am I

#3 Post by kyle am I » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Joes guitars have a sustainer because it's a sustainiac not fernandes like Steve uses.

Also- quit complaining. There have been like 10 threads about this shit.

You make a new thread for everything that comes to mind.

orlandopunk
Banned

#4 Post by orlandopunk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 am

guitars911 wrote:Enough is enough. Too many posts from you complaining about the JEM. It's simple, dont buy one and move on.

Get a decent whatever guitar and focus on making the tone you prefer come from your fingers... You can't buy tone.
the tone mainly comes from your fingers is a myth that has been popped a long time ago

is just a cool cliche phrase many guitar players who are fascinated with themselves, like to say

is usually said to elevate them to a level of worshipping, where no matter how much fans copy them, the fingers is what is missing lol

you always hear vai and satriani saying this crap all the time, including the 10 hour a day bullshit workout

kyle am I

#5 Post by kyle am I » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 am

You're so stupid

You fucking know what? Go watch the Jemini distortion video. Watch Steve use the red side distortion with the seven string. Then get your complaining ass a Jemini, turn it to the same settings, and FUCKING PLAY IT. You'll realize tone is ABSOLUTLEY in the fingers. Play your guitar more.

Are you a conspiracy theorist? Go watch Alex jones or something.

Blake Dunford

#6 Post by Blake Dunford » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Kyle stop wasting your time in this thread and go back to your Vai academy thread and post those pics. thats what we all wanna see lol :D

Jeries

#7 Post by Jeries » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

orlandopunk wrote:
guitars911 wrote:Enough is enough. Too many posts from you complaining about the JEM. It's simple, dont buy one and move on.

the tone mainly comes from your fingers is a myth that has been popped a long time ago

is just a cool cliche phrase many guitar players who are fascinated with themselves, like to say

is usually said to elevate them to a level of worshipping, where no matter how much fans copy them, the fingers is what is missing lol

you always hear vai and satriani saying this crap all the time, including the 10 hour a day bullshit workout
http://youtu.be/PDfY-_CSH3U

$20 Marshall amp and Yngwie sounds the same as on a wall full of vintage plexi's.

Here's another example-

Kyle sucks at guitar-
Kyle played extensively through Vai's rig
I saw videos
Kyle didn't sound like Vai at all. (with his guitars too)

If I could be so lucky to play through his rig-oh wait.

I hate you Kyle

kyle am I

#8 Post by kyle am I » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 pm

I suck?! That's not what Vai said in the elevator

And yeah I sounded nothing like Vai.

Jeries asked me for jailbait. Help me jeroen, I'm afraid!

orlandopunk
Banned

#9 Post by orlandopunk » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:40 am

lol nice

Andrew J Dampier

#10 Post by Andrew J Dampier » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:09 pm

The JEM is definitely NOT the most expensive guitar in Ibanez' line-up, considering J-Custom's and a couple other signature models.

Ibanez hasn't raised prices on just the JEM. Prices have gone up on all guitars in the same caliber and they released new models to fill the gaps (Premium line).

I find it odd that you would constantly search for a guitar that you really don't seem to want. Contradiction seems to run rampant with you.

Jeries

#11 Post by Jeries » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:09 pm

a jem/universe was about $2000 in 1988-1990 and them being 2000-3000 today isn't that crazy

with inflation a jem should be $3700