Vai 8 String universe concept.....

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
ahull123

Favored Nations wrote:Amazing, wish Steve would play the 8 string! I'm a huge fan of djent metal, i love that thick bottom tone and the insane chords you can create.

I am bringing it to the Evo Experience here in Ridgefield CT, Next tuesday!! I am curious to see what he thinks? I have another surprise guitar as well, I think equally as cool.
Favored Nations
VIP
VIP

You think I can post this up on the FN facebook?
ahull123

Favored Nations wrote:You think I can post this up on the FN facebook?
sure, that would be great... please let me know where I can find it, maybe post a link?

Thanks, Andrew
Last edited by ahull123 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahull123

new rear photo of revised electronics cavity, new trem block (stainless steel) and it is massive!!) and the locally infamous meteor embedded in the guitar forever, the idea being that this piece of meteor (fragment) has travelled the universe and been who know where, and is now a part of this guitar. It was the final piece of this puzzle.

the exterior of the case, with a friend

inside the case

swirled logo

ahull123

so my dream came true..... I got 2 of my guitars in Vai's hands to sign!!!! He took the 8 for a test run. There is no better feeling than having the guy who inspired the guitar in the first place to put his seal of approval on it.

Ekim

Only one pic with Steve holding it?
ahull123

Ekim wrote:Only one pic with Steve holding it?

I have a couple others but they are blurry , my camera wasn't cooperating, I was blessed to get this one. When I realized they didn't come out I almost had an aneurysm. But, at least one was good, I was really lucky for that. I wish I had more time but he was rushing to get to the soundcheck. :( I waited too long because I didn't want to hog all his time, so I let everyone else go, get their pictures with him and autographs, when they were done I grabbed the guitars. By that point he started heading into the soundcheck so I only had a couple minutes. Nice guys finish last...... oh well what is important is that he saw them, and I got the couple of pics I did with him, and of course the autographs on them!!!
EyE

So cool!! :)
ahull123

I found 1 other pic that came out, the rest were all blurry, I caught him at the end of a run

this is the same as the other one as a reference...

ahull123

my version of "something old something new" Vai style of course.

Nate from San Diego

Those are beautiful additions to your collection. I'm sure you are enjoying the fruits of your labor. Congratulations.

I think the addition of the meteor is a nice touch.
ahull123

Video for those who have been waiting..... My friend Anthony shows a couple of styles on it. I will try to get more later, He just threw this together for me so you guys could hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CZx8PMY ... detailpage
Favored Nations
VIP
VIP

Awesome