True or False??

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Classic 59
Newcomer

I was doing some research online including this forum regarding the original Plexi amps Steve Vai was using during the DLR days. Do you think it is true or false that after Dave quit Van Halen Jose Arredondo made DLR a few amps for Steve Vai? If this is true, I would be very interested in learning exactly what mods Steve Vai preferred in those particular amps.

Thanks!
RAI

It's true that Steve had modded Marshall's.....
Classic 59
Newcomer

RAI wrote:It's true that Steve had modded Marshall's.....
Yes, I know he had modded Marshall's. I was just hoping to learn more about the specific ones DLR suggested he try. I did find the following info from another site:

"seven different Marshall 100 watt heads were used throughout the recordings, all modded by Jose Arrendondo.

They were run differently at different times for a desired effect. Sometimes I went out of the line level to the Bradshaw Rack, and sometimes it was just directly out of the head into the cabs.

On the tune "Liberty," a specially made direct box was constructed for me by Steve Firlotte. It utilizes an old transformer I had laying around. It's extremely clean and useful. "

Hopefully, someone knows more about these specific amplifiers and what makes them tick...
DomitianX

I've never seen specs on his mods, but the Passion and Warfare book has a section dedicated to the gear he used on that album.
pagliai

http://www.heysam.com/amps/schem/arredondo1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)