what fernandes sustainer's does steve use?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's gonna be major surgery, since the switches are mounted on the board, and one of them is a 3 way switch (normal, mixed, harmonics).

Just find a good reputable luthier for the build-in.

j
Patill

ah, didn´t know that ;).

But if you go for a Sustaniac, it comes with 2 Push/Pull Pots. This would be a possibility for me, too.
ksegel
Newcomer

Thanks for the info, but I still need to find someone to do the work.

I will keep looking.

Rock On! :headbang
lukevo

Hey whats up....

now i got Steve's Sustainer.... it is a 401 with a empty cover......... but it is a white one in FLO....i got the white driver from Japan... so i bought a Fsk 401.... throw the fsk 401 black driver away and replaced it with my white driver....... i had some help of Jeroen and the other guys from this forum.......
Last edited by lukevo on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
lukevo

this is the topic that may help you.... it helped my a lot

http://www.vai.com/messageboard/viewtop ... 7&start=30

peace
Bigtrex257
Newcomer

If Steve is using the 401 Sustainer, then how does he still have an Evo pickup in the bridge position of FLO? The FSK-401 package has a humbucker that you are supposed to install along with the single coil driver because the humbucker runs the driver or visa versa (they work together). I just wanted to install the 401 on mine, but not have to worry about the extra humbucker they send with it.

Did they do a re-wire or something so that he could just have the single coil driver and not deal with the humbucker that was sent in the 401 package, or do they just have a Dimarzio cover on the Fernandes humbucker? Someone said something about ordering the FLO sustainer specially from Japan, but I still don't really get it. I get that it's a humbucker in a single coil space, but they don't sell that on the Fernades site individually. Can someone please clarify further?
Bigtrex257
Newcomer

Ok, never mind. I just looked it up on the Fernades FAQ site. You can use a number of other pickups in the bridge position with the FSK-401 system including Dimarzio, Duncans, EMG's (which they use 81's in the bridge on a number of guitars with the 401). So, that makes since as to why FLO still has the EVO in the bridge and uses the 401.
lukevo

Now you got it :D :headbang :guitar
afjguitars
Newcomer

Hi everybody,
I have installed the FSK 401 and when I use the sustainer and I turn down the volume pot the guitar still sounding , with sustainer off, the volume pot work perfect and cut all the sound , someone have a similar problem with the sustainer?

Thanks

Toni
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full volume? Or do you hear just a little bit?
afjguitars
Newcomer

With overdrive I can hear a little volume , without overdrive ,it is less audible .
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have that as well, I don't think there's a lot you can do about this. Having a separate volume control (pedal) up in your chain should solve this.
Obviously though, you might want to shut off your sustainer if you don't use it anyway, as it eats batteries by the handful

J
loran333

same for me
senorchristoph
Newcomer

The easiest way to identify the difference in Fernandes sustainers is that the 401- has an extra potentiometer and the FSK101 does not. if you need a sound opinion, I prefer the 401 because of it's sustain intensity pot. with the 401 you can control the level of sustain that is emitted from your instrument. the 101 sounds great but you don't have the same over all control you do compared to the 401. yeah it's a little more pricey, but well worth every penny!!! :D