"On a new secret that will eventually stun you."

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
meandmrvai

Zeds.Ded wrote:i dont think i could trust a floating trem with no locking nut :(
Same here. I would put one on my RT650 but only if I was going to put in a Floyd Rose bridge. If they release another JEM with a sustainer pickup for the same price as the current JEM's and they lower the price of the originals then maybe I could actually afford to get one.
Jeries

lydian2000 wrote:a series with a sustainer?
With about 100% certainty i can say the new series will not have a fernandes sustainer built in... i was on the phone with fernandes a few days ago and the company is a mess. They havent shipped a sustainer in months and they are so backordered its nearly impossible to find them. They did make a few white ones for ibanez a few years ago but not only they have no more white ones made, they dont have any ones at all, and have no idea when they're going back in production...
it took me 6 weeks to get my sustainer kit, it should be delivered today.
The largest buyer of sustainer kits for fernandes is all out (and sell them significantly more expensive than usual)
resha

I'd say... look at the fabrics on the background :roll:
lydian2000

resha wrote:I'd say... look at the fabrics on the background :roll:
You must have better eyes than I do..I don't see anything back there...could you elaborate?
resha

lydian2000 wrote:
resha wrote:I'd say... look at the fabrics on the background :roll:
You must have better eyes than I do..I don't see anything back there...could you elaborate?
The guy on the left. It seems there are some fabrics hanging on the wall behind Him.

Disclaimer: this is just my iper-creative mind that sees thing where there's nothing to see maybe :roll:
Zeds.Ded

man im just drooling over the thought of reissue FP Jems!

Resha if this doesnt happen im coming for you! :lol: :lol:
resha

Zeds.Ded wrote:man im just drooling over the thought of reissue FP Jems!

Resha if this doesnt happen im coming for you! :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't it be nice to see some other FP?! :wink:
Surtr

Jeries wrote:
lydian2000 wrote:a series with a sustainer?
With about 100% certainty i can say the new series will not have a fernandes sustainer built in... i was on the phone with fernandes a few days ago and the company is a mess. They havent shipped a sustainer in months and they are so backordered its nearly impossible to find them. They did make a few white ones for ibanez a few years ago but not only they have no more white ones made, they dont have any ones at all, and have no idea when they're going back in production...
it took me 6 weeks to get my sustainer kit, it should be delivered today.
The largest buyer of sustainer kits for fernandes is all out (and sell them significantly more expensive than usual)
What about the Sustainiac system. I read somewhere that Steve was going to give that one a shot... Are they any good, I mean, better than a Fernandes?
notavirtuoso

Fernandes could license Ibanez to build their own sustainers. Doubtful, but possible.
Jemaholic

I don't know......it could be the 'Tempered Fingerboard' with bent frets. :?

~jemaholic
llamahead

Jemaholic wrote:I don't know......it could be the 'Tempered Fingerboard' with bent frets. :?

~jemaholic
i think this would be a better idea, though more expensive, because i would believe it's alot of trouble to get a neck with no frets and get them put on with true temperament
ears1991

I really doubt the sustainer thing happening, frets or trem seems more realistic =/
resha

I think the average guy would be way too confused by "those odd frets" seeing them on a guitar hanging on any GC's walls :roll:
lydian2000

I wouldn't.

:D

:peace
Jemaholic

My concern with the Tempered Frets:

How do you do a fret job when they've worn down?