Is there any Vai song where Steve...

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Jeries

Is there any Vai song where Steve uses the mix option in his sustainer system on flo or mojo? (That would sound as if both the sustained note and its harmonic mode note were playing in harmony at the same time)
sunai

i think he might be using it live for songs like Building the church, Midway creatures , and maybe whispering a prayer
Johnny Jam

I think he uses the mixed-mode for "I'm becoming", too.
Zeds.Ded

he uses it an awful lot, you just got listen hard
TRIDS

I think the real question is, is there a song where he is using flo or mojo and doesn't use the mix function.
Jeries

umm wrong... i dont think he uses at all
thats why i asked

there is not one part of whispering a prayer live or studio in almost every peice of footage ive heard or seen where he uses the mix function

there is not one moment where the played note and its harmonic overtone are played at the same time.
and even on the studio version of building the church...

i'm asking for a particular moment in a song or live video where the mix function is used and is completely obvious
TRIDS

Watch Building the Church G3 Tokyo I'm 99% sure that at the end after the wanking bit he puts it into mix mode then full out harmonic. If some one can correct me here then by all means go for it.
Jeries

i listened to that peice very closely...
i think the first time its with the regular mode, and the second time its with the harmonic mode...
i think any sign of harmonics during the regular mode is just overtones from the guitar/amp ect...

so can i conclude Steve rarely/never uses the mix mode?
Zeds.Ded

when you turn down the intensity know a bit, it takes longer for the harmonics to come in i believe
JEManEYE

he definately uses it in whispering a prayer
Jeries

he does not in whispering a prayer...
there is no place in it where the regular sustainer tone and harmonic tone are going on at the same time.
sunai

whispering a prayer- the astoria dvd, check the ending after the solo!!!i think that might be a possible place to look/hear.

in the G3 building the church thing it was the harmonic mode at the end im pretty sure of that.but studio version, ending had the mix mode in it i think.

there's many places where he uses the mix mode ar some mode of the sustainer. Just dunno where to start lookin
Jeries

astoria dvd...no mix mode..
building the church i'm 99% sure is just overdubs