Steve? What Happened With your creativity with Dimarzios?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Carlos Enrique

O.k.. Hello Everyone... Last Night,. Me, My Friend Chicho And My Brother Dany Had A great Conversation About The new ibanez Jem. Under our opinion it's one of the most Amazing Guitars i have ever seen before.. but nothing is perfect.. this jem has the same problem with its dimarzios!

Many people know that, Steve has a big problem with the Pick-Up's in his guitars: Ibanez/ Jem/evo/flo/badhorsie/pia/ etc. Being the Pick-Up's Dimarzio/Evolution/Bree.

He's Got To Put A small Sticker Over the Pick´s, Because the First String Always Gets hooked In the border of the The Pick-Up, due to The Use And Abuse From The Floyd Rose.

The Point Is.. All These New Jem Guitars, With a great Design, New Texture, New Color, Lights and Stuff.. But They can't Fix The Dimarzios? Why??.. in My Guitar i have All the Evolution Pick Ups.. and so many times i have had the same old problem....

Why can't you do something about it?

Because i've seen steve's pictures in his last shows and in the new Jem Anniversary he hasn't been able to fix the problem with the Dimarzio's. Could it be because....? Steve likes them to add a sticker maybe or because Dimarzo can't change them.

Opinions and suggetions open.
Janitor

Maybe he still uses that because its his thing to put the tape there and its like a little thing he does. if he found it as critical as you im shure he would have changed it.
cosmic ape

Agree. the shitty little piece of tape adds some character! :lol: I think Lace pickups have designed something to address that problem... it'd be cool if they offer it as an accesory only...

http://www.lacemusic.com/powered_by_lac ... _specs.php

it'd be cool indeed...
RAI

Carlos Enrique wrote:They can't Fix The Dimarzios? Why??.. in My Guitar i have All the Evolution Pick Ups..
You're saying this is only an issue with Dimarzio pu's?
This would never happen to Steve if he was using Seymour Duncan's?

Somehow I find this hard to believe.
Unless there is a major design difference between Dimarzio and SD bobbins that I'm not aware of.....
Janitor

whys everyone hatting diamarzio's, i got them and love them :wink:
Carlos Enrique

No, no no,...... i love Dimarzio! the perfect pick up... i have dimarzio in my guitars! but. i don´t know. i am just asking about it. just for know something logical.. thats all..

if steve can´t change that thing. is for one reason... i Think...

but the problem still there. break out al the time the first string.. thats my friend.. is real.

but.. tanks for all your comments!
cosmic ape

Carlos, hermano, entonces pegale tu tambien un pedazo de masking tape al pickup... Yo tengo una Ibanez con Dimarzios y a mi eso nunca me ha pasado, porque mi guitarra no tiene pickguard...
quiksilver98

cosmic ape wrote:Carlos, hermano, entonces pegale tu tambien un pedazo de masking tape al pickup... Yo tengo una Ibanez con Dimarzios y a mi eso nunca me ha pasado, porque mi guitarra no tiene pickguard...
huh?
funnyguy12

ok?? i dont get what this thread is about. Do you hate dimarzios or do u love them. :?:

what problems does steve have with his guitars. It doesnt seem that hes having problems.

i really wish you would clarify what problem the jem has with dimarzios. :roll:
funnyguy12

quiksilver98 wrote:
cosmic ape wrote:Carlos, hermano, entonces pegale tu tambien un pedazo de masking tape al pickup... Yo tengo una Ibanez con Dimarzios y a mi eso nunca me ha pasado, porque mi guitarra no tiene pickguard...
huh?
yea, english please??
resha

I've never had that kind of problem with my strings getting stuck under the pickup...

It's not that easy to change a 50 year old design, don't you think?
seljer

resha wrote:I've never had that kind of problem with my strings getting stuck under the pickup...

get covers for it?

but I dont like the look of covers, open coiled pickup are like the engine sticking out of the bonnet on a hotrodded muscle car :D
resha

seljer wrote:
resha wrote:I've never had that kind of problem with my strings getting stuck under the pickup...

get covers for it?

but I dont like the look of covers, open coiled pickup are like the engine sticking out of the bonnet on a hotrodded muscle car :D
No, no covers and still no problems 8)
EyE

I guess Steve sticks with the small tape because to let DiMarzio produce a special pickup cover is quite ridiculous. They will never put such a cover on a standard model Jem avaible in a store near you. Why? Because the average guitar player doesn't play or (ab)uses it like Steve does. So there for it would be useless. Personally I think it has character...so why would he.
Carlos Enrique

The reason the i put this thing right here, is for news. maybe a lot os people here don´t know about this story...
maybe you never see it before... look out the electronics parts of EVO here and reed all.

http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitars1.html

One More Time.. i love The Dimarzio´s! But whyThey Never Fix That Little Problem.. Right Now We Have A Lot Of Technology And Advances,,

Thats All... Maybe i have to put The same tape over mi first Pickup...

maybe thats is the answer... but.. i don´t know... is not me

jejejejeje-.. y si amigo. gracias. lo unico que queria saber era por que carajo con tantas cosas nuevas que han sacado y aun no ha arreglado ese problema que mas de una evz me ha roto las cuerdas...
pero gracias por tu consejo amigo... pero me chocaria tener que pegarle una calcomania a mis guitarras.

tankx and gracias..