Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
cbr1000f

Mattias IA Eklundh at his blogsite wrote:The wonderful Steve Vai sent me his signature Jemini pedal the other day. I really dig it! (Looks cool too). It’s to the point and real easy to maneuver. I plan to use it when doing smaller clinics (I only use the amp’s own tube gain when doing gigs and bigger seminars) and at the Freak Guitar Camp together with my AMT pedals. Thank you, Steve!
http://www.freakkitchen.com/blog/
Patill

So does Steve always use an extra amount of gain (like the Jemini, or DS-1 or TS) for solos?

I mean live and for the recordings?
8bigtubes

Patill wrote:So does Steve always use an extra amount of gain (like the Jemini, or DS-1 or TS) for solos?

I would say that 95% of the time, yes he does use a boost for solos.
lydian2000

I was just as stunned... JP being the gear freak he is...him using the jemini makes me reconsider my earlier opinion on the pedal... I willl have to try it now.

:peace
Svelt Pen

8bigtubes wrote:
Patill wrote:So does Steve always use an extra amount of gain (like the Jemini, or DS-1 or TS) for solos?

I would say that 95% of the time, yes he does use a boost for solos.
Not so, according to Dave Weiner:

"Steve only has OD pedals on for some lead work, not all. "
Ekim

With the new Hardtail Jem coming, I have to get a Jemini to go with it, right?
JesseL
Newcomer

Hey guys!,

I have a quick question about this one. I find that with any distortion pedals I use, I'm never happy with the sound of them when cranked up loud. I'm running an EBMM JP through a JSX head and a Hughes n Kettner cab with greenbacks in it, do you think this pedal at loud volumes will still give me some more sonic options? Or just give me a bunch of feedback and "cheap" sounding distortion?

I know it's all preference and I would obviously try before I buy, but I'm curious because I've never been happy with a distortion, however I've never used a high end distortion pedal before haha. I've only really used the Hendrix signature and the dimebag signature, but I always end up right back on my amp channel.

Thanks in advanced for sort of an odd question!
Svelt Pen

JesseL wrote:Hey guys!,

I have a quick question about this one. I find that with any distortion pedals I use, I'm never happy with the sound of them when cranked up loud. I'm running an EBMM JP through a JSX head and a Hughes n Kettner cab with greenbacks in it, do you think this pedal at loud volumes will still give me some more sonic options? Or just give me a bunch of feedback and "cheap" sounding distortion?

I know it's all preference and I would obviously try before I buy, but I'm curious because I've never been happy with a distortion, however I've never used a high end distortion pedal before haha. I've only really used the Hendrix signature and the dimebag signature, but I always end up right back on my amp channel.

Thanks in advanced for sort of an odd question!
I would go for a clean boost or light overdrive if I were you. Check out the Lizard Leg Flying Dragon or a Skreddy Screwdriver to boost the gain on the JSX. You should be using mostly amp gain with an OD or clean boost for leads IMO, especially considering the JSX has a great high gain sound...
Sjusovaren
Newcomer

I bought it thursday, still messing with it but I'm not sure about it yet. Hm. I'd love it to get some settings you guys like and test them.
Evojackson
Newcomer

I have the jemini that i got for x-mas and i like it! My demo is in another topic if anyone is interested. Didn't take but a second to dial in a good tone.
scottinomaha

Anyone here tabbed the jemini video yet?
Patill

what would you need a tab for :lol:
scottinomaha

not gonna lie i'm just being lazy. I am just doing it now (had to retune one of my guitars I tune down a whole step for my band) Just hoping someone had it done save me some time :wink:
indeedido

I'm lazy too. I've been meaning to sit down with it and knock it out, but just havn't made the time. Would love to cheat and get tab. :oops: