Jemini pedal

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Stephen Brown

I liked the universe part/song.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

LinFilouX wrote:Just a question to the experts of this thread : The FTLOG Universe has a mirror pickguard with Blaze pickups or it is a clear plastic one like in the original FTLOG video
The guitar always had a mirror pickguard - the original one was just burnt and distressed.

When Steve had the melted pickups replaced very recently, Ibanez put a new pickguard on. The old one may have been too brittle or damaged once it was taken off. Below is a photo of the guitar with the original pickguard:

Mikey :)
vai.com
Ekim

RE-asking as I was apparently overlooked....

Mike, is there any truth to the "Limited Edition" rumours? I would like to get one eventually, but if it's going to be limited, I'm going to put off some other home stuff first and get it ASAP.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Ekim wrote:RE-asking as I was apparently overlooked....

Mike, is there any truth to the "Limited Edition" rumours? I would like to get one eventually, but if it's going to be limited, I'm going to put off some other home stuff first and get it ASAP.
No - I haven't heard anything about the pedal being a limited edition. If it was, I'm sure Ibanez would make a big deal out of it.

vai.com
Ekim

Cool and thanks for the quick answer.
Petie

Mikey wrote:When Steve had the melted pickups replaced very recently, Ibanez put a new pickguard on.
Were they replaced with Blazes, or something else? I'm curious about whether Steve ever uses the Evolution 7.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

You know, I'm not sure. I'll check.

vai.com
LinFilouX

Thanks for the information mikey !

I was very nice to again this very special guitar ! It gives some idea for a custom universe ...
guitarmattms

Hey, guys.

Just wanted to let you guys know I got my pedal today. It's freaking sweet!! I have it set to the same settings as Steve and it just rocks, love the sound and the swirl. Very cool. Only thing that bugs me is the lights, I play mostly in my room and to me they're a little bothersome. Other than, very nice job Steve and Ibanez. Preety much everything that duo has put it has been awesome!
Vaiagra

:shock: :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Steve's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get my freakin' Jemini!!!

Congrats on what seems to be the coolest distortion pedal ever, and thanks for making my day with that hilarious (and f'n rocking) demo.
GuitarStrings

Yeah I've heard of the "limited run" rumors too...

Here's an example:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/guit ... 446/review

!

Now I am confused... Mikey, can you confirm that it's NOT a limited run pedal?
You know, I would like to think a little bit before I buy it... if it's limited I will buy it TOMORROW!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

GuitarStrings wrote:Yeah I've heard of the "limited run" rumors too...

Here's an example:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/guit ... 446/review

!

Now I am confused... Mikey, can you confirm that it's NOT a limited run pedal?
You know, I would like to think a little bit before I buy it... if it's limited I will buy it TOMORROW!
Thanks for reminding me about this. I've just fired off an email to the guys at Ibanez about it, and should have confirmation shortly.

I'm 99.99% sure that it's NOT a limited run. It would make absolutely no sense to make it a limited edition pedal.

Mikey
vai.com
fyrie

Mikey wrote: The guitar always had a mirror pickguard - the original one was just burnt and distressed.

When Steve had the melted pickups replaced very recently, Ibanez put a new pickguard on. The old one may have been too brittle or damaged once it was taken off. Below is a photo of the guitar with the original pickguard:

vai.com
That guitar would make a great relic/recreation guitar ala EVH's recent bank busting release.

Also Mikey, I'll reiterate what other people have said: I'd love to see this promo clip in full non web compressed glory as a DVD extra some day.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

fyrie wrote:Also Mikey, I'll reiterate what other people have said: I'd love to see this promo clip in full non web compressed glory as a DVD extra some day.
We'd have to run that by Ibanez.. but who knows.. maybe as an extra on the upcoming Minneapolis DVD...

vai.com
marete33
Newcomer

is the jemini pedal true-bypass?

thanks