Mirrorball guitar.. mirrors..

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Mr. Wiggles

Mirrorball guitar.. mirrors..

#1 Post by Mr. Wiggles » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:54 pm

I wanna do this to my RG but I haven't been able to find any small mirrors that I like. Does anyone know where I can find a bunch of small ones?

Eutow

#2 Post by Eutow » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 pm

try a local arts and crafts store.

I was going to put them onto my Jackson but I won't be getting any new guitar soon and I just didn't feel like doing it yet.

I found half inch and full inch squares, I think I'd do the half inch squares though, i dunno, im still undecided.

leigh01

mirror ball

#3 Post by leigh01 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 am

r u sure dude cos that will probably be really exspensive and ive got a friend who brought a chrome version and he recons the mirror corrodes if you dont clean it everytime u put it down so i personally wouldnt. :wink:
oops sorry i thought you meant a different mirror ball, i got the wrong version ignore me.
Last edited by leigh01 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Wiggles

Re: mirror ball

#4 Post by Mr. Wiggles » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:29 pm

leigh01 wrote:r u sure dude cos that will probably be really exspensive and ive got a friend who brought a chrome version and he recons the mirror corrodes if you dont clean it everytime u put it down so i personally wouldnt. :wink:
ok..

1. You obviously don't know what I'm talking about. I am speaking of the Mirrorball Universe not the BRMR Jem. It shouldn't cost me more than $20 for the mirrors. http://vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar037.html

2. I reckon that you wouldn't have to clean it everytime you put it down. The mirror finish on the BRMR is made to last. That is unless you pour beer on it or something.

3. Spell check. It works wonders and makes it to where people can actually understand you. Might wanna look into it.

brentm

#5 Post by brentm » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:25 pm

mirror mirror on the wall....

I thought the finish on those Rock Mirror JEMs was fairly fragile.... I saw an auction where the guy claimed something as unsuspecting as anti-mosquito spray had damaged his finish. but that's not really the point of this convo...

Could you cannibalize a mirror ball to do your project? I once saw a girlfriend go to the hospital working on a broken glass art project. A piece got stuck in her eye (ouch). The Dr. put something fluorescent in her eye and let me look at it under a special light.... it got all scratched up.

Be careful!

-Brent

BojanK
Newcomer

#6 Post by BojanK » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:13 pm

Wouldn’t recommend it.

Check this site out and how a guy customized Ibanez (Mirror Ball “Iceman”) for Paul Stanley and what you have to have in mind when working with glass/mirror

http://vintageibanez.tripod.com/psmirror.html

Cheers

cbr1000f

#7 Post by cbr1000f » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:21 pm

I know a guitarplayer who did a "cracked mirror"-job on his guitar. He's in the Belgian Kisstribute band 'Kisstory':

http://www.kisstory.be/uk/fotos/cracked ... index.html

Mr. Wiggles

#8 Post by Mr. Wiggles » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:37 pm

omg I don't wanna do a cracked mirror finish. I wanna do a bunch of little mirrors over the body like Steve's. I think it looks cool.