Ibanez EP9 Euphoria

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
NOT!!!

I think what he wnats to say is, if the guitar is made in China, why does it cost $1400 instead of $500?

Most reasons why people go to china with their facories is because workers are cheap there (god bless these poor people...), so they can make a cheap Euphoria tha has (maybe?) the same quality like the one made in Japan.
BUT instead of making them cheap for us (like every other guitar from China, Korea or anything) the price is at $ 1400. And is that correct? Because one thing is for sure...the poor workers don´t see anything of these $1400. Well, that´s my point of view right now. Maybe I have not enough background informations, maybe the Euphoria would cost $3000 if it was made in Japan and that´s the reason why it´s made in China, but I don´t think so. I also don´t think Steve is involved here, but Ibanez is going right for the money I think :roll:. If it´s not as I say, please tell me (and I hope so...)!

btw: There are quality diffrences between SOME (!) guitars made in China and Japan or USA or anything...these problems appear in "higher ages" of the guitars. I have a Yamaha EG 112, I can actually feel how it´s breaking in pieces within the years (I have it about 5 years now).
endor

I have a korean made ibanez RG, i wouldnt trade it for a american strat, feels so good and plays so damn good. Funny story is my boos, when ever something breaks, my boss will be like, "what is it made in japan", and ill be like" art, japan makes some awesome shit today, this isnt the 1960's, my boss is in hisn 60's and he still thinks japan make crappy stuff. its funny,. and i dlike to withdraw my comment about the japanese strats and mexican, i ahve no knowledge of these intrumjents and i should make false aqusations. I apologize to anybody who took my comment towards the jap or mex strats offensive or stereo typing.

Alex,
slash89

endor wrote:I have a korean made ibanez RG, i wouldnt trade it for a american strat, feels so good and plays so damn good. Funny story is my boos, when ever something breaks, my boss will be like, "what is it made in japan", and ill be like" art, japan makes some awesome shit today, this isnt the 1960's, my boss is in hisn 60's and he still thinks japan make crappy stuff. its funny,. and i dlike to withdraw my comment about the japanese strats and mexican, i ahve no knowledge of these intrumjents and i should make false aqusations. I apologize to anybody who took my comment towards the jap or mex strats offensive or stereo typing.

Alex,
Quality doesn't depend on the country they are made in..
spencevie

I recently read a book called China Inc. and it explained how China was on the rise and in was predicted that in the next 20 years it will become the top power in the world. It was because China makes damn good stuff, efficiently. They don't just make the cheap things that make stuff work anymore. Their producing some top-of-the-line stuff. Made In China doesn't mean lack of craftsmanship anymore.[/quote]
endor

slash89 wrote:
endor wrote:I have a korean made ibanez RG, i wouldnt trade it for a american strat, feels so good and plays so damn good. Funny story is my boos, when ever something breaks, my boss will be like, "what is it made in japan", and ill be like" art, japan makes some awesome shit today, this isnt the 1960's, my boss is in hisn 60's and he still thinks japan make crappy stuff. its funny,. and i dlike to withdraw my comment about the japanese strats and mexican, i ahve no knowledge of these intrumjents and i should make false aqusations. I apologize to anybody who took my comment towards the jap or mex strats offensive or stereo typing

Alex,
Quality doesn't depend on the country they are made in..

thats why i put this message, im withdrawing my original comment :roll:
-Black-
Newcomer

Mikey wrote:
I'd like someone to please explain to me the reason why made in China is bad... or are they just saying it because they heard other people saying it?

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey,
can you give for example Ibanez chinesse (korean, indonesian) one model at least better than any japanesse? ...excluding SZ-series, that good enough..
I can't, don't remember.
Let's compare jem7vwh and jem555 (that TOO expensive for it's low quality) - good for BBQ inspite of it's similarity with 7VWH:). It's possible to be out of conceit with Ibanez generally due to this model
EyesOfFire0221

Let me just say this ... i have played ALMOST ever guitar from price ranges 80 $ to 6,000 $ and form ever contry imaginable ..Us, Korea, Japan, Spain . and let me tell you in my opinion if you guys are guitarists you should make anything sound great even the most cheapest guitar sounds great in my hands .....Ok i will tell you my frst guitar was a piece of ply wood with nylon strings and it lasted me for 5 1/2 years and i sitll have the guitar til this day ... the point im trying to make is that this guitar is beautiful no matter what or where it came from . If it has Steve's name on it you can be sure its a top notch guitar because thats what you would expect from him....
amokalex

:wink: I just played one at Sound and Drumland in Berlin the other day! Monday to be exact. Unfortunatley, I was in the middle of doing some work and I did not have the time to play it plugged in to an amp.

The Workmanship is beautiful! The Wood! the only thing is that I need to hear it with an amp! The new pick up is very versatile, and I believe it has a chorus and a phase switch!?!

The electronic flips out of when you want to change the Battery. Very impressive and the sound, dry, rings better than the EP7.

According to my sales aquaintence, plugged-in, it sounds a lot better than the 7.

The detail work on the Body impressed me too.

This weekend, right after I get back from the "Redbull Air-Race" :roll: I´m gonna play it over my Powerdesk, and buy it!

it`s worth every penny! 1,150 euro incl. case 8)
Coroner
Newcomer

A sidenote:

Does any of you guys know why the dot in the VAI logo is missing on all Euphorias?

It's a pretty important part of the logo :roll: since there is no "eye" without it!
StoleN GuitaR

Coroner wrote:A sidenote:

Does any of you guys know why the dot in the VAI logo is missing on all Euphorias?

It's a pretty important part of the logo :roll: since there is no "eye" without it!
well done you brought back a 2 month old conversation...

I was just reading through this whole thing, and i was thinking.. heh, I sold my Ibanez Universe.. Made in Japan.. and replaced it with a Made in korea RG7321 this RG is much better quality personally than my Universe(minus the pickups.. which i've replaced the stock ones with blaze neck and airnorton 7 bridge).

That just goes to show that its all about how you feel when you play the instrument, and how you personally think the quality compares to others YOU HAVE PLAYED .

God Bless

Simon
Coroner
Newcomer

StoleN GuitaR wrote:well done you brought back a 2 month old conversation...
Spare me your arrogant comments please. I haven't been online this forum for quite some time. If it is such trouble, then maybe someone else can be kind and refer to that particular conversation..? :roll:
calos

I think it's a shame everyone is starting to get personal and a factories location, I mean to say jem necks are cut by computer driven lathes etc very very acurate ones yes but the same lathes etc in a different location are still the same right ?.

Does anyone know for sure that the lutheres at the the china site aren't the same team from the japan site going there every week to finalise and setup these guitars?

Just asking all for calm is all.

peace
cal
JasonStolarik

Ok guys, I've read some of the comments and am floored by the general statements made of why guitars that come from China are crap. I work at a music store in which these same comments are made daily. I don't believe that is the case though.

(Japan)I own a Jem7VWH and even after a year a half of owning it have never had to even get a set-up on it...This is by far the only guitar I've ever owned that has come from the factory set up and ready to play...

(China)Now as for the EP-9...Beautiful guitar and the same can be said for this instrument. The pick-up is clear and crisp and give a great range of sound. Direct recording is exceptional...The mahogany body is very full sounding and great for mic-ing. It rarely ever goes out of tune because it has high-quality tuners and hardware. The neck is ultra sleek and very friendly for any guitarist.

Unfortunately (Japan), my AT300 needed extensive work to crown and re-fret because it was obviously sitting in some factory on the shelve in an uncontrolled environment for months on end...When I received this, the top two strings would fret out after bending up past the 12th fret. It had and still has tremendous buzz though...I have a great guitar tech and he has done the best possible with it.

(Amercia) My American made strat was similar too...The company did not let the wood dry out properly and over a period of several years, the neck started to slowly cork-screw...This is by far the worst I've ever seen...Again, my tech plained the neck and work his magic and it plays great again. That was after a few hundred dollars later and much other work put into it as well. (I forgot to mention that Fender wouldn't own up to their mistake after several techs all said the same thing about the "curing".)

Any, and every guitar is going to come out differently and nothing is perfect though. I've had better luck with China and Japan than my american made instruments. Humidity, temperature, and basic care of the instrument can also make the difference too...

But as Mikey and/or Jeroen said...You're not going to know if it's good or not until you try it...Every one has their own opinion...

That's my 2 cents...and more. Just because someone else has said foreign made equipment is crap, it couldn't be further from the truth. It's hear say...Don't be sheep and follow what someone else has said without knowing on your own.

J
JasonStolarik

BTW, I only paid $1000 for it and shelled out only another $86 for the case...It pays to know someone who works at an Ibanez retailer...Sorry, but I can't help others out with the price...Try to talk these other retailers down because they're definately making more than their money on the guitar. I don't think that 1500 euros is worth it...unless you're a die hard fan...

J
jpptrasher

personally, i am very happy to play with my ep7......

I think that the price is a little expensive........but I have waited 1 year, and bought with 25% reduction, because green color wasn't attractive for most of people.

this guitar is , for me, really very nice......and confortable a lot.

I don't mind where comes from the guitar.....usa, china, japan! I just try and if I have good vibration, I love it and buy it!

some jems are sometimes really great, and sometimes, not really incredible.......

I have compared 1 jem 555 bk(mine) with a jem 7vwh of a friend.....
The difference of price is not justified between these 2 models.....my friend was furious.......

I have 6 jem + the ep7.....

each time, i try these one.......for not having bad surprises......