Ibanez EP9 Euphoria

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
R1FSR

WOW..this is stunning

cowcrusher

i heard that the ep7 didnt sound very well when unplugged is that the same for this 1?
laficojr

What's the difference between the EP7 and the EP9?

Cya
johnny boy

why isn't the ep7 on ibanez.com? was it replaced with ep9 or something?
RAR!

laficojr wrote:What's the difference between the EP7 and the EP9?

Cya
The EP9 has a "SOLID ENGELMANN SPRUCE Top"

And the EP9 had the emerald green Quilted Maple top, IIRC.

johnny boy wrote:why isn't the ep7 on ibanez.com? was it replaced with ep9 or something?
Good question.

Usually when something is not listed on the site catalog, its out-of-production, making the EP7 a one-year run, and therefore. . .rare. ;)

Vai may have reconsidered the green finish, going for a less weird, less cheap looking, BETTER SOUNDING spruce top.

I didnt like the looks or tone of the EP7 personally, and could never play one without feeling like a complete Vai wannabe. (whom . .I wanna be. ;) )

But the EP9 is really sharp looking, IMO. I think I may get one, I need a good electro acoustic, and I like the tone on the CNN special videos.

http://www.cbs.com/specials/48grammys/featured2.shtml

You can hear what it sounds like there. :)
RAR!

Well, shit, that just ruined it for me.

Here I was, all happy and thinking about buying one of these, and I come across this terrible bit of information.

Made in China.

I cant justify dropping $1400 on a made in China POS.

Ibanez, I'm really ashamed of you. :(
rob310

yea but if its plays like it should than who cares where its made
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

RAR! wrote:Well, shit, that just ruined it for me.

Here I was, all happy and thinking about buying one of these, and I come across this terrible bit of information.

Made in China.

I cant justify dropping $1400 on a made in China POS.

Ibanez, I'm really ashamed of you. :(
I'd like someone to please explain to me the reason why made in China is bad... or are they just saying it because they heard other people saying it?

Mikey
vai.com
jemgirl

indeed mikey!
why on earth do ppl say.....stuff from china is crapy stuff.
most ppl for instance found my jem555 crapy.why??b/c its made in korea.
well,let me tell you....(oke the lo pro trs11 is not that good)the guitar works fine for me and for a lot others.
ohh....and there more guitars from china to come.
believe me....china is gonna make some good stuff in the neir future.
peace,
patricia
R1FSR

alls i can say is
'if its good enough for Vai' then im quite sure it will be adaquate enough for us lesser mortals :wink:
does it really matter where its made ? :roll:
Ethn Hayabusa
Newcomer

Actually made in China is not ALWAYS a bad thing.It wasn't too long ago that made in Japan was heresy.Some really upperclass Violin companies are based in China(although their top shelf stuff is made in europe or California)but some good stuff is starting to come out of China.(I normally wouldn't have thought this sort of thing until I started working in a band and orchestra based music store, about 3 years ago)

That being said, it USUALLY IS a bad sign if it says made in china.I think the First Act crap is still China based, as are a lot of internet based rip off instruments.(100$ violins?You get what you pay for)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Yes, "Made In Japan" used to be frowned upon. I recently saw an extensive documentary about production in China, and it has improved so significantly over recent years that many companies (for all kinds of products) have moved their production there. It is cost effective, but still meets critical quality standards that most companies demand.

While some crap might be produced in China, it doesn't mean everything that comes out of there is crap. Hey - there's an awful amount of crap that comes out of America, but do you see anyone complaining about that?

Mikey :)
vai.com
RAR!

I'll give it a fair chance Mikey, just to be open minded, but I have yet to see a really good guitar come out of China. They may be getting better, but they still aren't like a good Japanese or American made guitar.

I'm not regurgitating heresay, I know from my own experiences with guitars that China doesn't make the most spectacular guitars, to put it delicately.

Do you happen to know what happened to the EP7? While Im thinking about it...
Last edited by RAR! on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
endor

but i dont think this wpould go good for say mexican and japan made stratacstors, the fender strat made in japan and mexico really suck.
RAR!

endor wrote:but i dont think this wpould go good for say mexican and japan made stratacstors, the fender strat made in japan and mexico really suck.
Japanese Strats are nice, Mexican ones are ok. They feel really cheap, IMO, and not solid.