self tuning guitars for steve?

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
kurtavaiguy

Just wondering if Steve, Thomas or any of the Breed have played with the TransPerformance "The Performer" bridge which apparently can self tune guitar strings?

Are auto-tuner solutions a help or a hinderance for performance (would be a bummer if "The Performer" decided to peform something different than what Steve had in mind!!).
acoates

No they don't but I guess it would be an interesting idea to try. They would have to see if it would involve changing the sound of the instrument due to new parts, and I can't see Steve giving Evo up for such treatment
j1mi_h3ndrix

acoates wrote:No they don't but I guess it would be an interesting idea to try. They would have to see if it would involve changing the sound of the instrument due to new parts, and I can't see Steve giving Evo up for such treatment
kurtavaiguy

Yes, it's possible the tuner could change a Guitar's sound. It seems fairly bulky and involves drilling a cavity in the guitar for the LCD "tuneout" display.

I certainly wouldn't expect Steve to jeprodize Evo or Flo, but perhaps he has another experimental Ax that Thomas could try Performer on.
guyver_dio

Can the transperformance even be set up on a fully floating trem???

by the looks of it it doesnt seem possible