Steve's current live setup

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
lydian7

Steve's live setup archive hasn't been updated post-Fire Garden era. Has anyone got the exact specification of Steve's current live setup, racks, pedal-boards and all? This is the most recent setup I could find, supposedly taken from his 1999 Ultra Zone setup:-

Luan

This one if from the g3 in latin america, last year:
http://www.guitarraonline.com.ar/g3.htm

Is not his latest, but is cool.
stratocastermaster

doesnt he have a morley "little alligator" volume now? and i could swear ive seen him with the EVH phaser
Real_Confusions

stratocastermaster wrote:doesnt he have a morley "little alligator" volume now? and i could swear ive seen him with the EVH phaser
Yes, all of that is fairly new to his rig.
lydian7

Luan wrote:This one if from the g3 in latin america, last year:
http://www.guitarraonline.com.ar/g3.htm

Is not his latest, but is cool.
Cheers for that, it seems pretty uptodate. Do you know if the boss pedals are keeley mods or standards? Also, have you noticed how Steve has ditched the Bad horsie morley wah in favour of the Crybaby 535q wah? Not a very good endorsement is it. ;)
resha

I believe that the first passages are:
guitar
lil alligator
whammy
wah
ds1
ts9
peterson strobe tuner
mxr phase90

great photos from Fullshred

resha

lydian7 wrote:Cheers for that, it seems pretty uptodate. Do you know if the boss pedals are keeley mods or standards?
DS1 and TS9turbo are modded by R. Keeley as can clearly see by the photos taken by fullshred above :wink:
lydian7 wrote:Also, have you noticed how Steve has ditched the Bad horsie morley wah in favour of the Crybaby 535q wah? Not a very good endorsement is it. ;)
actually it's a 95q :D maybe he preferes it :? :roll:
Amano

He used the Bad Horsie Wah on the Aching Hunger Shows.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Steve uses the Cry Baby for "The Audience Is Listening" - as that's what he used on the original track. He does have an EVH Phaser too - some pedals are put into the loop during the show, while others are taken out. I seem to remember him having a Bad Horsie wah on the rig during the current tour also.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Massacre

Mikey wrote:He does have an EVH Phaser too -
Cool. :)
Vegas_Blues

DS1 and TS9turbo are modded by R. Keeley as can clearly see by the photos taken by fullshred above
That DS-1 is not modified.....
The TS9 is, however......

Steve used to use the modded DS1, but has recently opted for the stock version.
anuj

apparently steve's bad horsie was cutting out on him, and he was using the 95Q (which is switchless, like the bad horsie) for audience is listening, so he ended up using the 95Q for a bunch of shows.

~A
resha

Vegas_Blues wrote:
DS1 and TS9turbo are modded by R. Keeley as can clearly see by the photos taken by fullshred above
That DS-1 is not modified.....
The TS9 is, however......

Steve used to use the modded DS1, but has recently opted for the stock version.
well dude, that ds1 IS modded... you can clearly see that it has a green led on the input side :wink:
Vegas_Blues

well dude, that ds1 IS modded... you can clearly see that it has a green led on the input side
I, myself have the keeley modded DS-1, and here are a couple of things I noted in that pic........

1. On my keeley modded DS-1, there is no green LED, its blue, and its dead center on the top by the knobs, not by the "input side"
2. The modded DS-1's have non-stock knobs on them.
3. It is missing the toggle switch

Someone help us clear this up ;)
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

What you're looking at in this pic is not a led, but a little green sticker...the color code for the connection. AFAIK, it's not a modded ds-1.
j