sustainer pickup on flo

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
Post Reply
Message
Author
conyersp
Newcomer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:08 pm
Location: miami fl

sustainer pickup on flo

#1 Post by conyersp » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:50 am

Does anyone know if the coil next to the sustainer singlecoil
is a dummy or is it functioning along with the sustainer itself?

EVO 555
Member
Member
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:08 am
Location: Northern Ireland

#2 Post by EVO 555 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:39 pm

it is a humbucker sustainor i think and there are a lot of topics on this site bout the sustainor have a look it is amazing what you will come accross

jcm900
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:06 am

#3 Post by jcm900 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:13 pm

As I remember , I've read on the internet, that it is only a pick up cover.

jcm

EVO 555
Member
Member
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:08 am
Location: Northern Ireland

#4 Post by EVO 555 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:37 pm

woops my bad you can get humbucker like sustainors can you not im not a sustainor on flo expert woops

User avatar
resha
Member
Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:09 am
Location: Turin, Italy
Contact:

#5 Post by resha » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:52 am

it's a dummy coil, anyway if you do a forum search you'll find a lot of things about that :wink:

Benz2112
Newcomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:23 pm

#6 Post by Benz2112 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:54 am

The sustainer driver Steve has on Flo is something that isn't offered to the public as of yet. They do offer a black humbucker spaced driver but not the white one. I'm looking to put a Sustainiac unit in one of my guitars when I have the money, they are a little bit more versitile as far as different driver arrangements and wiring.

Lucky
Member
Member
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:59 pm

#7 Post by Lucky » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:58 am

Me too Benz, I would have ordered mine already if I could install it myself and I'm a bit nervous about sending my guitar out to them.

User avatar
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2629
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:34 am
Contact:

#8 Post by Jeroen » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Benz2112 wrote:The sustainer driver Steve has on Flo is something that isn't offered to the public as of yet. They do offer a black humbucker spaced driver but not the white one.
And the one in Flo is neither.

The sustainer in Flo is a single coil, FSK 401 system in white. Identical to the black version you can buy as a build in kit. The singlecoil space next to the driver is a blank dummy.

The white single coil drivers were never available as build in kit, however they did came stock in several Fernandes guitars.

alienillusions
Banned
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:31 pm

#9 Post by alienillusions » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:18 pm

Jeroen wrote:
Benz2112 wrote:The sustainer driver Steve has on Flo is something that isn't offered to the public as of yet. They do offer a black humbucker spaced driver but not the white one.
And the one in Flo is neither.

The sustainer in Flo is a single coil, FSK 401 system in white. Identical to the black version you can buy as a build in kit. The singlecoil space next to the driver is a blank dummy.

The white single coil drivers were never available as build in kit, however they did came stock in several Fernandes guitars.
DO any of those Fernandes guitars come with a trem system? If so, I'd be interested in getting one. Gotta play Whispering A Prayer!

Ffats
Member
Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Contact:

#10 Post by Ffats » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:26 pm

alienillusions wrote: DO any of those Fernandes guitars come with a trem system? If so, I'd be interested in getting one. Gotta play Whispering A Prayer!
Yes. The revolver series is just one of the models with a Floyd.

Mothra
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:52 am
Location: Leeds, England
Contact:

#11 Post by Mothra » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:32 am

alienillusions wrote:...I'd be interested in getting one. Gotta play Whispering A Prayer!
Then I hope you don't live in the UK. Getting hold of a Fernandes here is an absolute nightmare! :-(

Also, I'm not convinced that, pickups-wise, the Fernandes will necessarily give you the sound you want for "Whispering on a Prayer".

Ffats
Member
Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Contact:

#12 Post by Ffats » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:39 pm

Mothra wrote: Also, I'm not convinced that, pickups-wise, the Fernandes will necessarily give you the sound you want for "Whispering on a Prayer".
True-that. I've been able to get a "Whispering a Prayer" type sound with a volume pedal, albeit without some high-order harmonics that come with the sustainer.

MonnieRock
Newcomer
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:17 pm
Location: Jacksonville Beach, Florida,USA
Contact:

#13 Post by MonnieRock » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:14 pm

Hello Everyone,

Will let you know in a couple of weeks.

This thread will explain

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11130

Post Reply