Preserving an Autograph

Discuss Steve's guitars, set-up and equipment here. This forum is not for discussing general guitar topics.
GuitarStrings

#16 Post by GuitarStrings » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:36 pm

resha wrote:the best way to preserve your auotgraph?
change pickguard and keep it in a safe place :P
Well yeah, I hate having a big autograph in the front of your guitar. Good idea to change pickguard :D

GuitarStrings

#17 Post by GuitarStrings » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:38 pm

resha wrote:the best way to preserve your auotgraph?
change pickguard and keep it in a safe place :P
Well yeah, I hate having a big autograph in the front of your guitar. Good idea to change pickguard :D

fullshredd

#18 Post by fullshredd » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:57 pm

All my autographed guitars are signed ON the guitar's body, not on the pickguards. It's easy to bring a pickguard to get signed and then put on any guitar. It means more (to me at least) when the actual guitar's body is signed in person as opposed to the pickguard. After any of my signature guitars get autographed, they certainly never get played, so there's no chance of a breakdown of the signature. And considering they're in their respected cases in a temperature and humidity controlled environment, there's ~zero~ chance that any harm will come to them. Reb Beach's WRB-3, Michael Schenker's ESP black & white flying V, Vinnie Moore's 'Splatter' VM-1 Star IV, members of VV's Invasion on my 1988 Vinnie Vincent Jackson, George Lynch and all his bandmates from Lynch Mob and Dokken on my ESP M1 Tiger, Yngwie Malmsteen on his Olympic White Stratocaster-maple fretboard, of course. On my 'hit list' is Adrian Vandenberg's signature for my 3 models (Fernandez, a mint 1st edition in black, and a custom 'Puzzle' graphic) and of course, Steve's FP77 now.

No coatings, no mylar
Last edited by fullshredd on Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

resha

#19 Post by resha » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:20 am

fullshredd wrote:All my autographed guitars are signed ON the guitar's body, not on the pickguards. It's easy to bring a pickguard to get signed and then put on any guitar. It means more (to me at least) when the actual guitar's body is signed in person as opposed to the pickguard. After any of my signature guitars get autographed, they certainly never get played, so there's no chance of a breakdown of the signature. And considering they're in their respected cases in a temperature and humidity controlled environment, there's ~zero~ chance that any harm will come to them. Reb Beach's WRB-3, Michael Schenker's ESP black & white flying V, Vinnie Moore's 'Splatter' VM-1 Star IV, members of VV's Invasion on my 1988 Vinnie Vincent Jackson, George Lynch and all his bandmates from Lynch Mob and Dokken on my ESP M1 Tiger, Yngwie Malmsteen on his Olympic White Stratocaster-maple fretboard, of course. On my 'hit list' is Adrian Vandenberg's signature for my 3 models (Fernandez, a mint 1st edition in black, and a custom 'Puzzle' graphic) and of course, Steve's FP77 now.

No coatings, no mylar
well you've got a dozen guitars at least! you're a lucky man! :wink:

Optiquest

#20 Post by Optiquest » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:21 pm

I think its a crime that you lock those guitars up like that, I can hear them crying right now

Kym

Preserving the signature

#21 Post by Kym » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:50 pm

I am trying to buy an autographed guitar, but the signature issue has been asked. It's a gift, but little did I know the man wants to actually play the guitar. So should I have the signature lacquered skip the autograph version.

I am not sure about having a removable pick guard autographed, doesn't that decrease the sentiment from the guitar. ?

Zabooka Joe

#22 Post by Zabooka Joe » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Anyone wanna tell me what brand/type of clear coat/laquer to put on my guitar. The sig is on the back of the headstock...

Ffats

#23 Post by Ffats » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:40 pm

EyE wrote:Does Mylar also work on a BSB type of guitar guys???
It works on any type of guitar.

johnmp5
Newcomer

easy, just get polyurethane

#24 Post by johnmp5 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:40 pm

i got 2 signatures. one on the lower right corner of my guitar with no coating. and 1 or 2 coats of the POLYURETHANE SPRAY on the backside (where the guitar hits your chest). you only notice the coating if you angle light at it in the right way.
TIP: make a paper or tape spray guard around the desired area. :)

Bold_As_Love

#25 Post by Bold_As_Love » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:17 pm

where does one go about getting these sheets of mylar?

godofshred

#26 Post by godofshred » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:59 pm

what did you do to get steve's sig?