EVO Premium Experience 2007 - FAQ Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

EVO Premium Experience 2007 - FAQ Thread

#1 Post by Mikey » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:56 am

The “EVO Premium Experience” is an exclusive and very special opportunity we are offering to our loyal Vai.com visitors. The“EVO Premium Experience” was a huge success on the 2005 Real Illusions Tour and garnered countless rave reviews from fans. Now we are bringing EVO back for 2007! The package allows you the exciting opportunity to see Steve and the band prepare for a show; along with the ability to ask Steve questions in an intimate group discussion. Availability is VERY limited for each show - so be aware that they will sell quickly once we put them on sale. The entire “EVO Premium Experience” package includes:

• - One ticket to the show (except in Paris and Ingolstadt)*
  • - Preferred seating where possible (in seated venues only)
  • - Tickets will be assigned to you when you arrive at the venue for the show
  • - The opportunity to attend soundcheck
  • - An intimate pre-show group Q&A/Discussion session with Steve
  • - A special collectable EVO laminate that allows entrance to soundcheck, Q&A, as well as early entry into the venue where possible
  • - A special limited edition print of one of Steve's Orchestra Scores from the new album
  • - A limited edition DVD exclusive to the tour - containing an interview with Steve and bonus footage not available elsewhere.
  • - A metal VAI logo EVO Experience pin
  • - A special Steve Vai Signature Guitar Pick
  • - A VAI sticker
  • - A Steve Vai 8x10 photo for autographs

* As Paris and Ingolstadt are already on sale, you will need to purchase a ticket separately.

The “EVO Premium Experience” is only available through the Vai.com EVO Tickets Store. Ticket sales begin Monday, April 2 at 8pm UK time, and 9pm Europe Standard Time.

The Premium package items (ticket, laminate, orchestra score, pick, DVD and pin) will be given to you on the afternoon of the show. If you purchase the package, you will need to arrive at the venue at 3:30pm (15:30h) IMPORTANT: You should also keep checking the Vai.com News page for updates and information on the EVO Experience in case you do not receive an email or it is blocked by spam filters you may have installed.

Here are some important things you should know about the EVO package - please read carefully:

You will need to come to the venue early - at 3:30pm (15:30) on the day of the show. When you come to the show, you MUST bring photo ID, and a printout of your purchase confirmation email for the EVO package.

You should eat something before you arrive at the venue. Sometimes the EVO Experience goes right up until doors open, and there may not be time for you to leave the venue between EVO and doors opening. Some fans bring energy bars and sports drinks with them for energy. This is highly recommended.

GENERAL POLICIES
  • - NO video cameras
  • - NO recording devices
  • - NO flash photography*
    * Cameras may be allowed subject to venue policy
  • - All sales are final
  • - Passes are NOT transferrable
  • - Persons who appear drunk or intoxicated will be denied entry
  • - You may be filmed while taking part in the Q&A part of the Experience. This footage may or may not be used in future release(s). By taking part in the EVO Premium Experience, you understand this and grant us permission to use your likeness in said releases.
  • - We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
AGE POLICIES
  • - NO babes in arms
  • - No children under 12
  • - Children 12-15 will need to be accompanied by an adult, and that person will also need to buy an EVO ticket.
  • - Please observe venue policy for age restrictions. If a venue is 18+ and you are younger than 18, you will not be able to come to the show or the EVO Experience. This is very important.
  • - If a venue specifies that persons under 18 need to be accompanied by a guardian, your guardian will also need to purchase an EVO ticket.
TICKET SALES POLICIES

TICKET PRICES: EVO Premium Experience tickets for Europe are USD$262 (approx. €196 or £133)

ALL SALES ARE FINAL: There are no cancellations or exchanges and all sales are final.

EVENT POSTPONMENT: If an event is rescheduled, your tickets will be good for the rescheduled performance. If an event is completely canceled, please see below.

EVENT CANCELLATION: If an event is completely cancelled, a refund will be issued less a handling fee if the tickets are returned within 30 days of the event of cancellation. Tickets should be shipped back to Music Today. Please ship tickets in a manner that requires a signature for delivery. Refunds will be credited towards the account used for the purchase.

SHIPPING: We will not be shipping tickets. Instead, your ticket will be given to you along with your EVO Premium Experience laminate and souvenier/merch bag on the evening of the show when you line up.

PACKAGES/TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE: Packages/tickets may not be resold whole or in part for any reason. We reserve the right to cancel packages/tickets of anyone who is found to be selling their package/ticket in whole or part - especially on Ebay.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Is there preferred seating for EVO Premium Experience ticket holders?
Yes - all tickets sold in our pre-sale for seated venues are preferred. Your tickets will be given to you on the night of the show. What if the venue is General Admission? Where possible, EVO Premium Experience ticket holders will be allowed into the venue before everyone else - so you will be able to stake out a good position in the venue before the general public is let in.

Do I need to arrive early?
Yes. You will need to arrive at the venue at 3:30pm (15:30h). Please be on time.

What do I need to bring with me in order to collect my EVO passes?
You will need to bring valid photo ID, and a printout of your MusicToday purchase confirmation email.

When will I actually receive the tickets?
You will be given the tickets along with your EVO laminate and merch bag on the evening of the show.

Do you ship tickets for international orders?
No - all tickets will be given to you when you arrive.

Can I resell my EVO passes?
No. The original purchaser must show identification. Substitutions will not be allowed into the venue.

Are these tickets better than I can buy at Ticketmaster or the venue?
Generally, yes. We are given an allocation from the venue, but it is sometimes possible to also get good seats through other ticket outlets as well. These outlets will not be selling EVO Premium Experiences. The EVO tickets are only available through Vai.com.

How do I cancel if I can't attend?
We don’t accept cancellations.

If I give (sell) them to someone else, how does Will-call/ticket window pick-up work?
Packages/tickets are non-transferable.

Is flash photography OK?
No, and depending on venue policy, cameras may not be allowed either. Video cameras will not be allowed at any time. People using digital cameras to shoot MPG movies may have their cameras confiscated.

Can I take video/recording of the soundcheck, Q&A and concert?
NO. Anyone bringing in a video camera or any recording equipment will be ejected from the venue. See above regarding using digital cameras to shoot MPEG video.

Does the EVO package get me backstage?
NO. The backstage area is strictly for band and crew only.

Can Steve autograph my guitar, CD etc etc?
Steve is happy to autograph CDs, vinyl, books and guitars, however you are responsible for the items you bring to the venue. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items. Some venues may not let you bring in large items such as guitars. Check with the venue first! You should only bring a couple of items AT MOST. DO NOT bring your entire collection with you.

Does the EVO Premium Experience package allow me access to the meet and greet after the show?
No.

When will I receive the merchandise in the package?
You will receive the merchandise in the package, along with your EVO laminate and ticket on the day of the show.

Can I give Steve a copy of my demo CD?
No. While Steve is very supporting of upcoming artists, he cannot accept your demo CDs while he is on tour. It is too much for him to carry on the road, as by the end of most tours he ends up with hundreds of them. Keep them at home as they will only be lost or forgotten on the road.

Can I give Steve a gift?
Many fans like to present Steve with gifts while he is on tour. While Steve is honored and flattered, carrying gifts on tour can become a major problem, and can lead to a lot of extra baggage by the time the tour is over. So that we don't become overloaded on the road, we would prefer if you did not bring gifts.

If you have further questions, please post them in this thread. We will endeavor to answer any questions you have. Also note that we reserve the right to amend and adjust these rules at our discretion.

See you at the shows!

Mikey
vai.com

cnc74

#2 Post by cnc74 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:05 pm

Hey Mikey,
Are we allowed to attend more than one EVO Experience?
Thanks,
Christin

-yasi-

#3 Post by -yasi- » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:17 pm

awesome, can't wait to get one !!!!! :lol:

is it allowed for 14 year olds ??

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#4 Post by Mikey » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:23 pm

cnc74 wrote:Hey Mikey,
Are we allowed to attend more than one EVO Experience?
Thanks,
Christin
Yes!

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#5 Post by Mikey » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:24 pm

-yasi- wrote:awesome, can't wait to get one !!!!! :lol:

is it allowed for 14 year olds ??
Yes, but people under 16 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There's an explanation above. Form memory, the show in Ulm is all ages, but you may want to check with the venue regarding their age limit.

Mikey
vai.com

R1FSR

#6 Post by R1FSR » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:39 pm

Hey Mikey
Can i purchase 2 EVO tickets for the same show..1 for me and one for a friend ..or will he need to buy his own ?

also how many EVO's are there for each show ?

Paul

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#7 Post by Mikey » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:48 pm

R1FSR wrote:Hey Mikey
Can i purchase 2 EVO tickets for the same show..1 for me and one for a friend ..or will he need to buy his own ?

also how many EVO's are there for each show ?

Paul
Hi Paul,

Yes - that's fine.

For all shows there are only 30 EVO tickets available, but due to demand in the UK, it will be 40 per show.

Mikey
vai.com

Seraphim

#8 Post by Seraphim » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:21 pm

Once again, good choice to play in the same new venue that we have in Oporto, Portugal!!! :guitar

Hey Mikey, this time I will try to get the EVO ticket to Oporto and Lisbon too :headbang
Also I gonna buy one ticket for me on the 1st row, to don't happen again the same that happen last time when they send us to a middle row :peace

ZappaIrl

#9 Post by ZappaIrl » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:05 pm

hey mikey,

i've tried to join the fan community there over the last few days, and i get the email with the link in it and everything but it doesnt seem to work.... then i click forgot username/password.... and it keeps telling me that that email address doesnt exist in their site kinda thing...... if im not a member of this can i not buy EVO Tickets? is there anyway you can set up an account for me? that i can access? that works

(starting to panic)

thanks

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#10 Post by Mikey » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm

ZappaIrl wrote:hey mikey,

i've tried to join the fan community there over the last few days, and i get the email with the link in it and everything but it doesnt seem to work.... then i click forgot username/password.... and it keeps telling me that that email address doesnt exist in their site kinda thing...... if im not a member of this can i not buy EVO Tickets? is there anyway you can set up an account for me? that i can access? that works

(starting to panic)

thanks
You'll need to contact MusicToday about the issue you're experiencing. They run the store. I can't set up an account for you, sorry.

Check this page:
http://www.stevevai.tickets.musictoday. ... spx?type=3

Mikey
vai.com

ZappaIrl

#11 Post by ZappaIrl » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:37 pm

hey mikey,

i think i got it sorted, sorry about the panic, but if i missed this chance to meet a steve, i would be devastated.

see you in vicar street, hopefully!!! *sigh of relief*

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#12 Post by Mikey » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:56 pm

Great! See you there!

Mikey :)
vai.com

-yasi-

#13 Post by -yasi- » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:56 am

hey ok , thx :)

but i can't do this :( is it sure that i won't be able to get a EVO with 14 ?? :cry:
Last edited by -yasi- on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Brown

#14 Post by Stephen Brown » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:55 am

Mikey wrote:Great! See you there!

vai.com
Are you at the Evo's also?

Leanne_777

#15 Post by Leanne_777 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:23 am

FRETPICK wrote:
Mikey wrote:Great! See you there!

vai.com
Are you at the Evo's also?
YES!!!! As I've said elsewhere it's almost as exciting as meeting Steve....................and I'm not just sucking up to get preferential treatment.......wink wink :)