Please help a noob!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
djhollowman

Hello all! Please help this noob - what does the "RS" on the back of the "robot" on the back cover of The Ultra Zone cd stand for? Robot Steve??? Anyways, here's another poser for you all - got any Vai sings/tunes that you just don't like? As a starter I'm not crazy about Voodoo Acid...........
GTR-MAN

I can't help you with the "RS", but as far as songs go, I think it's the 1st song on"The Ultra Zone", I can't remember the title(I think it's Blood and Tears) but it has some chick rattling something off in some language that's not English through out the song. Like arabic or maybe Indian(India). It drives me insane and totally ruins the song for me. I'm going nuts just thinking about it. If that wench wasn't singing that crap on that track I'd be able to like it, but I have to skip it everytime I put that album in. I just hate that song because of that !!!! :evil:
DiMarzio

I belive it is "Radha Soami" Not sure if that is how its written:)
djhollowman

Wow! Many thanks guys! How about some songs too please? :D
resha

djhollowman wrote:Wow! Many thanks guys! How about some songs too please? :D
Some songs... what?

Do you mean some songs that we suggest you?! :roll:
slash89

GTR-MAN wrote:I can't help you with the "RS", but as far as songs go, I think it's the 1st song on"The Ultra Zone", I can't remember the title(I think it's Blood and Tears) but it has some chick rattling something off in some language that's not English through out the song. Like arabic or maybe Indian(India). It drives me insane and totally ruins the song for me. I'm going nuts just thinking about it. If that wench wasn't singing that crap on that track I'd be able to like it, but I have to skip it everytime I put that album in. I just hate that song because of that !!!! :evil:
Well the song IS called The Blood And Tears. Sorry you feel the way you do.. I think it is very interesting. Very different.. I love it :)
djhollowman

resha wrote:
Some songs... what?

Hi, no I mean how about suggesting some Vai songs that you're not so fond of.... :D I think it makes a change from the usual raving about stuff we do like, kinda-thing....if you see wot I mean????
slash89

djhollowman wrote:
resha wrote:
Some songs... what?

Hi, no I mean how about suggesting some Vai songs that you're not so fond of.... :D I think it makes a change from the usual raving about stuff we do like, kinda-thing....if you see wot I mean????
This is not the way it usually happens, but whatever..
jimiyoyoyo
Banned

overall I did not like it. I own it. BUT..........there are some VERY good performances on that dvd
jam-man

Love 'em all!!! :twisted:
djhollowman

jam-man wrote:Love 'em all!!! :twisted:
Really? There's not a single song which makes you even slightly think "Well, this isn't quite my kinda thing...." or "This bit just doesn't do it for me"?? I mean, Steve's music is SOOO varied. There's almost mathematically GOT to be some bits that even the most ardent fan might not appreciate all the time, surely? If not, well fair enough bro', I ain't knockin' ya! IMHO, I've found the Ultra Zone album a bit patchier than other albums. Just an opinion, and that's why we're here, right? On a more positive note, I've found Real Illusions to be much more "my kinda thing" :guitar
jam-man

djhollowman wrote:
jam-man wrote:Love 'em all!!! :twisted:
Really? There's not a single song which makes you even slightly think "Well, this isn't quite my kinda thing...." or "This bit just doesn't do it for me"?? I mean, Steve's music is SOOO varied. There's almost mathematically GOT to be some bits that even the most ardent fan might not appreciate all the time, surely? If not, well fair enough bro', I ain't knockin' ya! IMHO, I've found the Ultra Zone album a bit patchier than other albums. Just an opinion, and that's why we're here, right? On a more positive note, I've found Real Illusions to be much more "my kinda thing" :guitar
Well...I didn't hear ALL of Steve's songs...and the ones that were not...so apealing to me...are now some of my favourite Vai songs! :wink:
slash89

That's why Steve's music is so special to me; it goes straight to my heart. I love every song and pray for more great stuff to come :)
resha

djhollowman wrote:
resha wrote:
Some songs... what?

So we all have to suggest you some Steve's songs that we don't like?
It's kinda strange, huh?!

And it'd be quite difficult too for me to suggest something I don't like from Steve... :roll: I even wonder if it exists 8)