Login with a social network:

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show in Osaka, Japan?

Please post your reviews here. Steve and the band love to read your reviews!

Vai.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:35 am 
Newcomer

We had a great privilege to have Mr. Vai back in Japan just a year after the previous show in this country. Instead of last year’s sweaty Rock'n Roll live house, the venue was Billboard live Osaka, a fancy jazz club, packed with people of various age (including a 10-year-old genius guitar boy!).

4 shows in Tokyo and 2 shows in Osaka, all sold-out. I never saw the venue selling tickets without seats. The demand exceeded the supply. It shows that Mr. Vai has solid fan base here and he can bring the house down whenever he wants.

I saw both shows in Osaka, which were awesome as usual, and somehow I felt the sound was better than last year. Someone said to me that he is still improving his skills. that’s why he sounds better than last year. I never thought he still has a space to improve. WOW!

1st and 2nd show had different set lists. I’m glad to have seen them both, because it was like seeing both shows makes a full complete concert experience (of course you can enjoy only seeing one show, but seeing both is another deep experience). The venue was rather small jazz club, so I enjoyed this intimate show. But Mr. Vai made it more special. He got off from the stage and walked through the aisles playing his guitar! Well, he knows how to make us feel good. Thank you Mr. Vai for the exceptional experience.

At EVO experience, I forget to tell Mr. Vai the following.
3 years ago, we had a big earthquake, tsunami and disaster of nuclear power plants. After the tragedy, everyone cancelled or avoid Japan except very few musicians (Mr. Billy Sheehan was one of them. He is a great great guy). They uplifted us with their music and showed they care about us. That was a very wonderful thing and we never forget them. They are heroes.
I think Mr. Vai did the same thing to Ukrainian people this year. I asked him about it. He was like "it was not a big deal”. But I think it was a big deal for them. And it makes him a hero.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 am 
Newcomer

Green wrote:
We had a great privilege to have Mr. Vai back in Japan just a year after the previous show in this country. Instead of last year’s sweaty Rock'n Roll live house, the venue was Billboard live Osaka, a fancy jazz club, packed with people of various age (including a 10-year-old genius guitar boy!).

4 shows in Tokyo and 2 shows in Osaka, all sold-out. I never saw the venue selling tickets without seats. The demand exceeded the supply. It shows that Mr. Vai has solid fan base here and he can bring the house down whenever he wants.

I saw both shows in Osaka, which were awesome as usual, and somehow I felt the sound was better than last year. Someone said to me that he is still improving his skills. that’s why he sounds better than last year. I never thought he still has a space to improve. WOW!

1st and 2nd show had different set lists. I’m glad to have seen them both, because it was like seeing both shows makes a full complete concert experience (of course you can enjoy only seeing one show, but seeing both is another deep experience). The venue was rather small jazz club, so I enjoyed this intimate show. But Mr. Vai made it more special. He got off from the stage and walked through the aisles playing his guitar! Well, he knows how to make us feel good. Thank you Mr. Vai for the exceptional experience.

At EVO experience, I forget to tell Mr. Vai the following.
3 years ago, we had a big earthquake, tsunami and disaster of nuclear power plants. After the tragedy, everyone cancelled or avoid Japan except very few musicians (Mr. Billy Sheehan was one of them. He is a great great guy). They uplifted us with their music and showed they care about us. That was a very wonderful thing and we never forget them. They are heroes.
I think Mr. Vai did the same thing to Ukrainian people this year. I asked him about it. He was like "it was not a big deal”. But I think it was a big deal for them. And it makes him a hero.
Great reviews!!!