VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show?

Please post your reviews here. Steve and the band loves to read them

Vai.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:44 pm 
Newcomer

Counting the days for this show! I will be doing the EVO experience, too. Anyone else in the Houston area attending the EVO event? :headbang

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 pm 
Newcomer

Steven do you REALLY read these posts ?? leave a message on my youtube channel if so , i dedicate my piece "Leviathan" to you ..

you must be a Leviathan if you have the energy to read anything after playing guitar the way you do

ciao Nick oh yeah rackatakatooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:32 am 
Newcomer

Still buzzed from this show. I haven't seen him since he was here at the Verizon venue several years ago. I have him with me almost daily in my car or on my I-pad, but seeing him live is a true treat.
Mr Vai gave another incredible performance that I will cherish for many years to come. We were once again taken away to the other worldly experience that is uniquely Vai. The sets covered many arrangements from the the past and present, with clarity and crunch that is to be savored like a fine wine. The music had me on my feet over and over. I don't think they could hear me, but I cheered so much I don't have a voice this morning!! What a great band!! Thank you Steve. You have always been such a great entertainer. The bit with the kids interacting was way cool !! Can't say it enough.You have always been, and will always remain, my favorite guitarist in the world. Blessings to you, the entire band, and crew. Get some rest. We will be always listening.

Mark Conner, Houston Texas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:37 pm 
VIP
VIP

HI Mark, Yes I do read them, all of them. May thanks for the kind words. It's always inspiring when I read that people enjoy the shows, and educational when I hear their critiques. It's all good. I will continue to focus on the art of playing and performing and deepening the dimension of the experience for the audience.
We just arrived in Mexico. The US tour was a wonderful life experience for this band and crew and we are looking forward to the remainder of the tour.
We feel so blessed to have had all the folks come out to the shows who came. My deepest gratitude.
S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:25 pm 
Newcomer

Holy crap!! Can't believe it ! Thanks Mr. Vai !!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:55 am 
Newcomer

STEVEN you are the Leviathan of all Gravity Storms

saw you in Melbourne , i still smile when i recall the concert . always a phenomenal awesome experience
to hear you play your songs

rakatakatooka

Nick God Bless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 am 
Newcomer

I finally convinced my wife to let me go see Steve Vai live, and it was an incredible performance! Since the venue at Houston H.O.B. is small, I sort of expected the band to be a bit lower key (...like the recent Morse/Satriani show...). But the energy was high, the music was loud and clear, and the whole band was on. As a point of reference, my wife wasn't feeling really well, and was thinking she might need to leave early. But everytime she'd think the show was winding down, there'd be some new twist that she didn't want to miss: acoustic set (excellent solo piece, by Dave Weiner), alien outfit with laser beam fingers (how you play in the dark with a flashing visor is in itself a marvel), or the inpromptu song at the end with the kids. The whole band was great, and Vai's playing and showmanship was gloriously eccentric, as expected!

My only kvetch (sorry, Steve or hedonist readers) was that I was caught off guard by a handful of f-bombs and recurrent sexual innuendo that felt a bit dissonant in my ears. I'm on the religious end of the Vai- fanbase spectrum (I play electric guitar for Christian worship), so the coarseness isn't my style and was to me a distraction from an otherwise flawless performance. So besides that, I really loved the show. I wish the band safe travels and continued success!

Blessings,

Seth Busetti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 am 
Newcomer

Hi all, new to the forum but not new to the music of Steve Vai. Houston was my fourth time to witness Steve live (certainly one of the most entertaining) and second time to do the EVO experience. The pre-show Q&A and M&G are really special times and I think I enjoy soundcheck as much as the show itself.

A couple of questions...could someone please post the setlist (my memory ain't what it used to be) and is there any place where photos from the show are posted? I understand the desire to prohibit cameras but from my crappy seat on the far end of the balcony my Blackberry just couldn't capture what was going on.

Thanks again Steve and I look forward to seeing you again. I travel frequently to Japan so maybe one of the shows over there will be an interesting adventure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:40 pm 
Newcomer

This was my first EVO and first live Vai show. For the show, I sat in the balcony on the front row. I was not prepared for the beautiful roar of his tone. Through stereo amp cabinet speakers, it flooded the room. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I figured that I would probably lose it during his last song and my fav, "For the Love of God." Actually, it happened by the fourth song. It was "Whispering a prayer". Steve stepped to the front of the stage and stood there. The keyboard synth started. He looked out and looked up. He put his arms out and went all around the room to look at everyone. As the crowd roared, he lifted his palms up then brought his hands into his heart and pushed the energy of this moment down onto the guitar. The room went silent. The notes Steve played wrapped around my heart. I started crying. The big giant biker dude seated behind me started crying cause I could hear him snifflin' and catching his breath. It was a moving experience for everyone.

Steve played for three hours. Words cannot express what I came away with from that night. I have never been so inspired to play music. In many ways, Im still trying to put language to what the EVO and live experience meant to me. For the past 25 years playing the guitar, Ive been chasing the light instead of choosing the light. I get it now. I am the best when I am at myself.

Thank you, Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:55 am 

Steve Himself wrote:
HI Mark, Yes I do read them, all of them. Many thanks for the kind words. It's always inspiring when I read that people enjoy the shows, and educational when I hear their critiques. It's all good. I will continue to focus on the art of playing and performing and deepening the dimension of the experience for the audience.
We just arrived in Mexico. The US tour was a wonderful life experience for this band and crew and we are looking forward to the remainder of the tour.
We feel so blessed to have had all the folks come out to the shows who came. My deepest gratitude.
S

OMG !
So everything we wrote about this Story of Light Tour is being read by Steve ! :o
I just wonder when Steve sleeps : between the EVO experiences, the shows, the after shows, the reading, there isn't much time left ... Now, I understand why he said something like he would sleep for 3 months once this Tour is over ;)

I hope that the Pacific RIM, European and Central / South American tours were also / still are wonderful for Steve and the band and the crew.

Please keep on focusing on the "art", Steve :guitar

And I would like to return my most sincere and kindest gratitude to Steve, for him being himself and for being so close to us, his fans.

Quokka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 am 
Newcomer

hello steve i'm alex, I hope it's really you because it will be a dream for me to talk to you,you know , i don't know how to send you a message, so i found this place and thought i could send here..
I just wanted to say that I simply love your music and you as a person, the first time I heard'' for the love of god'' in which was the first time I saw you, I felt I simply opened and revealed a secret place in my mind I always had and now I could appreciate, thank you so very much,

I admire you so much as a person, and greatly admire your spiritual meanings to the songs, because I feel too, thanks for being such a kind and considerate person you are, I simply do not have words to explain how much I love you...

thank you for existing
alex