VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show?

Please post your reviews here. Steve and the band loves to read them

Vai.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am 
Newcomer

This was my first time going to a Steve Vai show. I had been introduced to him by my husband and I fell in love. This was hands down, the best concert I have ever been to. It was amazing to watch Steve and see how raw his emotions were while playing. I enjoyed his interaction with the crowd and I could never have imagined how enjoyable it was. There's a reason he's made it this far; he's AMAZING!! :headbang

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:52 am 
Newcomer

I was at the Bijou Theatre show, and it was awesome!

Steve...please come back to Knoxville soon!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 am 
Newcomer

What an outstanding evening of music. My girlfriend and I were so excited when the band put Knoxville on their schedule. We drove to the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC last year and that was a great show in itself, but the show at the Bijou was the perfect venue for such an intimate and intense experience of the music. Jeremy delivered a drum blistering solo, Dave played some of the best acoustic I've heard (prompted me to buy his cd before I left) and Philip kicks it all night. I've told everyone I know that Steve Vai just keeps getting better and better with the passing years. Steve said before one song that he would "feel everyone" during the next song, but I kid you not when I say we felt him. I vividly recall during "Building the Church" feeling the music in my mid section and hips....my girlfriend looked over me because she felt it too. It was not just volume, it was the composition and how it was played in this venue. An amazing experience that was duplicated many times throughout the evening. This IS by far the best live performance of music we've ever been too. All due respect to the SRV/Jeff Beck show I attended in the 80's, but this was better. Thank you Steve and friends for putting together such a great experience. I hope you enjoyed the evening and our southern hospitality as well. PLEASE come back to Knoxville. Daryl and Donna