VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show?

Please post your reviews here. Steve and the band loves to read them

Vai.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am 
Newcomer

This was my first time going to a Steve Vai show. I had been introduced to him by my husband and I fell in love. This was hands down, the best concert I have ever been to. It was amazing to watch Steve and see how raw his emotions were while playing. I enjoyed his interaction with the crowd and I could never have imagined how enjoyable it was. There's a reason he's made it this far; he's AMAZING!! :headbang

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:52 am 
Newcomer

I was at the Bijou Theatre show, and it was awesome!

Steve...please come back to Knoxville soon!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 am 
Newcomer

What an outstanding evening of music. My girlfriend and I were so excited when the band put Knoxville on their schedule. We drove to the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC last year and that was a great show in itself, but the show at the Bijou was the perfect venue for such an intimate and intense experience of the music. Jeremy delivered a drum blistering solo, Dave played some of the best acoustic I've heard (prompted me to buy his cd before I left) and Philip kicks it all night. I've told everyone I know that Steve Vai just keeps getting better and better with the passing years. Steve said before one song that he would "feel everyone" during the next song, but I kid you not when I say we felt him. I vividly recall during "Building the Church" feeling the music in my mid section and hips....my girlfriend looked over me because she felt it too. It was not just volume, it was the composition and how it was played in this venue. An amazing experience that was duplicated many times throughout the evening. This IS by far the best live performance of music we've ever been too. All due respect to the SRV/Jeff Beck show I attended in the 80's, but this was better. Thank you Steve and friends for putting together such a great experience. I hope you enjoyed the evening and our southern hospitality as well. PLEASE come back to Knoxville. Daryl and Donna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:00 am 
Newcomer

I am kind of late on posting this because I just registered with VAI.com, but I did attend the show in Knoxville, TN and in typical Steve fashion..it was AWESOME!!! It was my second time seeing him, my first time was in Ashville, NC back in 2005 on the Real Illusions tour. It is kind of hard to pick one show over the other because after all..it is Steve we're talking about. But I would have to say that the one in 05 was the one I liked best just because of the band line up with Sheehan and McAlpine. Still an amazing performance, though. I really dug Dave's acoustic solo and the build a song thing that Steve did. I look forward to seeing him many more times. I just wish that the G3 summer tours would come back around

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:17 pm 
Newcomer

Attended this show with my 14 yr old son sitting at front row left. Having been to many concerts in my lifetime (including Satch up in Chi-town a number of years ago), would have to say this was one of the most impressive performances I have ever witnessed! The level of mastery by Steve (and all musicians really 8) ) was just phenomenal. A show I will never forget as long as I continue to breath. Probably the same for my son, as an inspired musician, especially since he was able to snag a pick off one of Steve's guitars (thanks Steve!) :mrgreen: Steve, please come back to TN and see if you can't maybe bring JS with you next time for some wicked guitar battles!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 am 
Newcomer

Ok, so I am quiet late on posting my review but here we go. This was my second Vai concert, with my first being in Asheville back in 2005. Needless to say that it was a fucking mind blowing experience, I really enjoyed the build me a song segment. Thought it was funny when Steve told the dude that stumbled up to the stage that he was to drunk and that he needed to go sit down(lol) Haven't got much time, so to put it short and sweet..the show was KILLER!!! Vai is and always be the man. I cannot wait for the new album due out either late this year or early 2016. Peace be with you all and God bless