VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show?

Please post your reviews here. Steve and the band loves to read them

Vai.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:09 am 

This show was incredible, exactly the Vai concert I have always wanted to see! We drove up from Houston to see him, and it was definitely worth it.

I became a fan of Steve at the age of 17, when a friend loaned me his copy of Real Illusions right after it was released. I was hooked and immediately bought all of his albums. Steve's influence on me was huge, and he was always my main inspiration to play the guitar. I ended up attending music school for a period of time due to this influence, before my career went in a different direction. I did meet my wife in music school though, so thanks Steve!

Anyways, to the point, I have consistently missed Steve every time he came through Houston since 2005, with the exception of the Zappa Plays Zappa tour in 2006. When I found out he was playing in Tyler, especially at a little place like Click's, it was too good an opportunity to pass up. It was hard to believe Steve would be playing such a venue. I have even routinely played larger venues in the past, and I am nobody!

My wife and I made the trek up there and got through the doors just as he took the stage. What a show! The night had a very intimate feel, due to the small size of the venue. Steve played incredibly, and did what I would consider the perfect set of exactly the songs I wanted to hear. After waiting so many years to see Steve live, it definitely did not disappoint.

Over the last few years work has largely displaced the guitar in my life. I went from practicing 4+ hours a day and performing constantly to barely ever touching a guitar at all. After seeing Saturday's show, I sat down and played again for the first time in a long while. The spark of interest has definitely been re-lit. Thanks Steve!

I only regret not being able to bump into Steve somewhere; I would have loved a chance to give him my card and share my website with him :)