VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:04 am 

Did you attend this show?
Please post your reviews here! Steve and the band loves to read them.

Vai.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 am 
Newcomer

I got my brother and I tickets for the house of blues show for his bday, as he is a huge fan and former GIT graduate who loves to play Steve's music. We were the third people in and were up against the stage, center, so Steve and his amazing band were always just a few feet from us. As a 50 year old, I've seen a lot of concerts over the years, including most of the biggest names in rock 'n roll. As I sit here and write this, my cheeks still hurt from the 3 hour Cheshire Cat, shit eating grin, that Steve's playing brought to me. I can't even begin to express how blown away I still am after having the privilege of seeing this show. The music and guitar work were both inspirational and so far outside "the box", that there is no box in Steve's world. As much as I love Joe Satriani's playing, he just moved down to #2 on my list ( sorry Joe ), but their style of playing is very different, so how do you really compare their artistry.

I started playing guitar myself about a year ago which allowed me some perspective on the difficulty of the various techniques, speed, and virtuosity of Steve's playing, soundly supported by his band who were clearly exceptional musicians too. This review may seem a little naive as I can't honestly say I listened to his music before last night. Now that I understand what I was missing, I am a HUGE fan.....this tour is not to be missed, and if you have any appreciation for the guitar, Steve may well be the best player to ever pick up the instrument. I plan to see this band every time they come to SoCal.

On a side note, I met a guy who got the "meet and greet" package and who got to meet Steve before the show. Steve actually played this guys guitar during the show. Steve spent an hour and a half meeting with those who took advantage of this opportunity, and was very gracious and accommodating to those who participated. Had I only known that was available.......well next time! I wound up purchasing several CDs and signed photos and tour shirts from the merchandise table. New fan for life here!! A++++ show!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:26 pm 

Thanks for sharing this great review!