VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:33 am 
Newcomer

Hello everyone, just joined today.

I Happened to notice yesterday that Vai is coming to do a show in the next town over in October, my wife and I are planning on going, and I'm seriously thinking about doing the Evo experience. I know every venue is probably different, but where do you go after its over? Do you get to go out to the floor or to your seats? Or do you need to go back and wait in line? The place it will be at is general admission, not assigned seating, so I'd like to get there plenty early to get close to the stage. My wife doesn't want to do the Evo experience so we would have to figure out where to meet up also and it would probably be hard for her to get to the stage after the doors open.

Do people bring guitars to have signed? I was thinking about bringing my Universe to have it signed, but I don't really want to go put it in the car after having it signed before the show in plain view and everyone around knowing there is a guitar sitting there in the car.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Usually, after the EVO Q&A, you get to attend the soundcheck, which means you'll be in before doors open to the general public. In some specific cases this may be different due to venue policy or something.

As for bringing your guitar to sign, check with the venue. I generally advice against it, and just bring the back cover or something. Not ever venue allows you to bring something that big into the hall, or arrange for a place to safely store it (or even exit and enter again to put it back in your car). If you do bring it, you do so at your own risk.

Hope this helps.
J

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:40 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks, it's probably better not to bring it, it isn't like I can replace a UV7PWH either. I assume it is ok to bring your camera? Are pictures allowed during soundcheck? How about during the show?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm 

I was wondering about the picture thing too....can you take pics during the q+a, sound check etc. ? also, I was told when I bought 2 evo tickets today that I did NOT have to buy separate tickets for the show, that a ticket for the vip seating area on the floor is included. we want to do the evo thing then stand infront of the stage in the general admission area. I am confused now about whether or not I need to buy 2 more tickets for the show. you would think since I paid over $600 already, it would get us into the show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Callitsleep, which show are you attending?
J

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:41 am 

I have the same doubt...
I already bougth my tickets (pre-sale) for Nov 26 in Mexico, but in some venues say BUY TICKETS & EVO EXPERIENCE... so I don't know if they are going to ask me to pay for the amount of the ticket (and a new seat) again if I buy it in 10/2

please jeroen, shed some ligth into this

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just got word back from the management.
For the US tour, there are a bunch of shows on which the EVO package includes a ticket.
These are:

oct

17 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
19 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
27 - Kansas City, MO - Harrah's Voodoo Lounge
31 - Council Bluffs, IA - Horseshoe Whiskey Road House

nov

1 - Des Moines, IA - Hoyt Sherman Place
5 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall
6 - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room
7 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection
9 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's
15 - New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
22 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
23 - Houston, TX - House of Blues

All Mexico and South America EVO require a separate concert ticket.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:37 pm 
Newcomer

Hi Jeroen, so sorry to contact you about this, i was look in the topspin media without luck.

first of all, sorry for my english :)

today a friend of mine bought the EVO Experience for the show in Buenos Aires (12 dec) the idea was to make a gift for her boyfriend, but she complete everything with her data, how or where she can make a correction or declare this was a gift to another person???

this is posible?

hope you can help me!

Alejandro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 am 

Thanks for your help Jeroen!

I kind of have the same doubt as YtsEjaM-

I already have my tickets (evo&concert), my gf gave me the evo ticket as gift, she gave my name, so I think I just need to present an ID to receive my evo ticket the day of the concert right?

Sorry for bothering you with this, I know this is not your work :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:29 am 
Newcomer

Hi Jeroen! My girlfriend bought me the evo experience ticket in Buenos Aires for 12th december and she doesn`t make a click on "this is a gift", the mail was received with her name, I call to topspin and they told me
tath I have to contact with your team to change the name of the ticket. What can I do with this problem? thank you very much. I hope your answer soon.
Sorry for my english!
bye!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please email evo@vai.com - they'll sort you out.

Cheers,
J

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:22 am 
Newcomer

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:29 pm 

MIL8 wrote:

Do people bring guitars to have signed? I was thinking about bringing my Universe to have it signed, but I don't really want to go put it in the car after having it signed before the show in plain view and everyone around knowing there is a guitar sitting there in the car.

I recently brought my Jem to the EVO experience and there was no problem. But I live fairly close to the venue so I knew I had enough time to bring the guitar back home and return in time for the show. I wouldn't leave it in a car if I were you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:34 pm 
Newcomer

Can anyone shed some light on the camera policy? I'd like to bring my camera, but it is a DSLR so its not like I can just stick it in my pocket if they aren't allowed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:50 pm 

most places you will require a photo pass to use such a camera ..so unless you have one
I wouldn't bother .
I know this as I have had photo passes for many years now and seen countless people
removed from shows of cameras took off them until after the show.