VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you attending this show?

Meet up with fellow fans and review the show in this thread.

Jeroen :)
vai.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:31 am 
Newcomer

Another show without new album and the same band, except the harp Deborah Henson Conant. The harp gave a magical touch to the past concert of december: why not to include a talented musician like her in the same tour?. For me it's a wrong decision and it was needed her presence in some songs of The Story of Light, and For the Love of God (it was a bit strange to see Dave Weiner playing keyboards during For the Love of God and even more strange to a roadie playing the guitar during this song).

During The Audience is Listening Mr. Steve Vai leaved the stage and came back with another guitar, and the same during other song. Which is the reason for doing that two times in the same show? Is really necessary to leave the stage and interrupt playing his guitar part just for changing the guitar?, why didn't Mr. Steve Vai ask for another guitar to his guitar assistant?

During the song Whispering a Prayer sometimes the guitar sound was interrupted by technical reasons, it was easy to see in Mr. Steve Vai's face how disappoint was with that.

Another issue was the solo of Ultrazone. What was that? All the lights and lasers can not avoid to hear a guitar solo that makes believe that Mr. Steve Vai missed the point on this song. Sometimes I think that Mr Steve Vai believes that has permission for doing anything during any song, even if the solo doesn't match with the song or if it is horrid (sometimes is able to think that he doesn't know to jam over their songs and solve properly the solo).

I've seen you in all the concerts you have done in Barcelona. We came to this concert with some guitar players and all of them have the same opinion...so maybe no next time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:18 pm 

If he switched guitars mid song- there must have been a serious issue... either broken/broke a string or out of tune... looks like there were a bunch of technical problems outside of his control from what you describe... it happens...

he's not the type of guitarist that would switch guitars 3 times in a song like Cheap Trick for fun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:18 pm 

If he switched guitars mid song- there must have been a serious issue... either broken/broke a string or out of tune... looks like there were a bunch of technical problems outside of his control from what you describe... it happens...

he's not the type of guitarist that would switch guitars 3 times in a song like Cheap Trick for fun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:37 pm 

My impression when I read Yteh's review / comment, was that there were problems playing wireless and that Steve had to switch back to cable.

But I might be wrong, I am not so good for technicalities ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:52 am 

I didn't know he was using wireless again- he's been using cables a while now...

international/different countries frequencies can screw things up...

for example in the USA some older wireless systems no longer work- some are even illegal to use or sell now because they now interfere with digital cable signals that we switched to for over the air tv. .

I'm sure when overseas a lot can go wrong with a wireless
...i just didn't know he was using them

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:49 am 
Newcomer

Photos from this show:

http://ambideraimon.blogspot.com.es/201 ... -2013.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tattooray/ ... 582029644/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:11 pm 

i gave Steve as present a very useful resume of my music theory and Thomas Nordegg teached me 45 minutes how to fix my evo properly. The show was brilliant, excellent, the best music live i've seen in my whole life, i even cried and danced.