VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:12 pm 

i was comment number seven out of like 1.2k comments already half of them common knowledge if you watched an I terview lol I've actually started answering them. This is a major disaster

I can't tell if he's responded to even one yet- the comments are moving so damn fast that I can't see anything it's been like a thousand comments in five minutes he probably can't even see or answer them they're going so fast.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:17 pm 

kyle am I wrote:
i was comment number seven out of like 1.2k comments already half of them common knowledge if you watched an I terview lol I've actually started answering them. This is a major disaster

I can't tell if he's responded to even one yet- the comments are moving so damn fast that I can't see anything it's been like a thousand comments in five minutes he probably can't even see or answer them they're going so fast.

I expected that. He´s 1.8 million likes. I found your comment very fast btw, so your chances are very good.
One of my comments already got 30 likes, I hope he will answers it :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:20 pm 

I wasn't even planning on logging on... just got home...eating logged on...
saw the post... I was the first to reply... and got a response...

the question i always wanted answered and thought of it seconds after i saw him post...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:41 pm 

dude in posted my comment like 80 times but I can't find any of his comments. There's so many comments 4k about now and even if he's responded there's no way I can get back up to any of my comments and see what he wrote there's too many comments he should have do e this o. The messageboard maybe Jeroen should get him to do that, or andy or whatever.s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:43 pm 

He answered on my alternate picking question. So happy now! The economy of motion, that´s it folks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:53 pm 

how can you tell?
NFBOfficial wrote:
He answered on my alternate picking question. So happy now! The economy of motion, that´s it folks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm 

BUT IN ONE COMMENT I SAW HIM SAY when he goes back on your, hell be making A DVD of the STORY of light tour.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm 

I was very early, but still no reply. Not to mention some people who are just asking about REALLY stupid things, and acutally slowing the whole thing down. Never ending story....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:15 pm 

kyle am I wrote:
how can you tell?
NFBOfficial wrote:

I asked:
Hi Steve, in a recent interview you mentioned you had to change the way you usually alternate pick due to an injury. What did you change exactly, the right hand position or the whole movement? I think your alternate picking – also you do not use it that often – is still amazing. It seems like you only have to move your wrist fractional to get incredibly fast (I always have to move my whole arm for faster runs). Could you explain this please?

He answered:
I like to think of the economy of motion --meaning that it only takes a small movement to make a note sound. The accident has helped me to see it that way but it was a conscious effort to pick less and use more legato. Its sort of the difference between water rushing over a waterfall without any obstructions compared to a waterfall that is filled with boulders. They're both beautiful but I've already rode my raft over the boulders.

By the way, if you want to see all answered comments on the top, you should log out on fb and visit his page again. It worked for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19 pm 

i was the seventh comment and I can't get back up there to see if he's responded there 4800 comments ain't nobody got time for that. and yeah, 90% of these questions have andwers that 4 out of 5 yoi could find out from watching 1 interview. again, jeroen or andy or whatever should plan one for this messageboard. if anything we deserve it the most and we are i would thi g the most respectful ;) but no really, some guy asked what vai does when he has to ahit furing a show. just WOW at how many responses too. What he should have done

Was out of the blue announced this five minutes before it was to happen, not a day, this literally could not have gone worse lol. lol. t
ocxcxd wrote:
I was very early, but still no reply. Not to mention some people who are just asking about REALLY stupid things, and acutally slowing the whole thing down. Never ending story....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:31 pm 

Eh, they could shed some light up here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Having Steve in the chatroom here is something Steve & I have discussed.
It will happen at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:42 pm 

i meant post a thread here and have h respond on these normal boards. I have no idea how the chat room works every time I go in it's a ton of wierd randomness lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm 

ypu should make a Facebook group for the messageboard and add us all, and we can all have chats and stuff. But then it would be too exclusive and I'm sure other people wouldn't like it lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:06 pm 

NFBOfficial wrote:
kyle am I wrote:
how can you tell?
NFBOfficial wrote:

I asked:
Hi Steve, in a recent interview you mentioned you had to change the way you usually alternate pick due to an injury. What did you change exactly, the right hand position or the whole movement? I think your alternate picking – also you do not use it that often – is still amazing. It seems like you only have to move your wrist fractional to get incredibly fast (I always have to move my whole arm for faster runs). Could you explain this please?

He answered:
I like to think of the economy of motion --meaning that it only takes a small movement to make a note sound. The accident has helped me to see it that way but it was a conscious effort to pick less and use more legato. Its sort of the difference between water rushing over a waterfall without any obstructions compared to a waterfall that is filled with boulders. They're both beautiful but I've already rode my raft over the boulders.

By the way, if you want to see all answered comments on the top, you should log out on fb and visit his page again. It worked for me.

i saw your question
what 'injury' are you talking about i never heard of that or him talk about any injury or something effecting his playing or picking