VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

smiffy wrote:
I must say that I'm impressed that Steve does yet another World Tour. Since I missed seeing him last time he was in Europe I would love to go this time, but unfortunately the tour will be no where near Scandinavia and doesn't come further north on mainland Europe than Osnabrück, Germany.

I'm not whinging or anything like that, because I know that it's impossible for Steve to go everywhere. But I'm curious to know, whether it's because seats are more easily sold on the British Isles, in France, Spain and so on, where Steve tours extensively this time around, than they are in Northern Europe. Does anybody know?

Actually, if you look at the tourdates, you'll see a date for Sweden:

10/08/13 Uppsala Uppsala International Guitar Festival Sweden
J

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 am 

ha, you know I always wondered and imagined of things like this and it actually happened. You'll see in that pingit.com thing that they mention Rockit for kids, and It's funny, because I've actually been in rockit before, last time I did it I played the crying machine. So therefore I'm actually familiar with mike and talk to him sometimes. It's so cool that my life is sort of in one way or another involved in the "Steve vai" world. And I always wondered if vai had ever heard of rockit, I guess he has now! Lol, maybe he'll sponsor it someday in the future or something. So excited for mike and I wish him the best in his journey!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 am 

Jeroen wrote:
smiffy wrote:
I must say that I'm impressed that Steve does yet another World Tour. Since I missed seeing him last time he was in Europe I would love to go this time, but unfortunately the tour will be no where near Scandinavia and doesn't come further north on mainland Europe than Osnabrück, Germany.

I'm not whinging or anything like that, because I know that it's impossible for Steve to go everywhere. But I'm curious to know, whether it's because seats are more easily sold on the British Isles, in France, Spain and so on, where Steve tours extensively this time around, than they are in Northern Europe. Does anybody know?

Actually, if you look at the tourdates, you'll see a date for Sweden:

10/08/13 Uppsala Uppsala International Guitar Festival Sweden
J

Thanks a lot. I only looked at the very front page of vai.com where the tour dates are also listed and there is no info on Uppsala there yet - hence the confusion. Will there be added any more tourdates for Europe? (he asked hopefully).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I know it's source of confusion, but the frontpage was supposed to be EVO only.
Sweden is a festival, and for that reason there's no EVO experience there.

J

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:59 am 

Jeroen wrote:
Yeah, I know it's source of confusion, but the frontpage was supposed to be EVO only.

J

So to get the most complete list of venues, one should check http://www.vai.com/tourdates/.
Thanks for the clarification, J.

Quokka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 am 

Hey guys, Any news about south america??? it's been almost six years now since the latest Vai show in Chile, we miss you steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:19 am 

That's just incredible !
I had the chance to see many Vai shows, but usually there are years of waiting between them. Now he's back in my area less than 6 months since last time :) How lucky I am.

Because for the first time I will bring my 15 year old son with me: he just got very very deep into Steve's music (he saw me watching the "Where the wild things are" BluRay last month and got hooked, picked up all my cds, etc....). It will be his first rock concert ever, and he's gonna see and hear one of the most fabulous musician of this planet.

How lucky he is too ;)

So, I'm looking forward for the Strasburg show in France. Thank you Steve for coming back so soon :)