I had no idea SATCH used peavey TRIPLE X amps. OR DOES HE???

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Jeries

Re: I had no idea SATCH used peavey TRIPLE X amps. OR DOES H

#16 Post by Jeries » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:33 pm

i'll never forget that show

second row dead center (Pit 1 Row 2 Seat 1)

i ended up catching a pick from vai satch and yngwie during the show (doesn't get better than that)

and i had meet&greet passes-
almost 10 years ago-- one of the best concerts ever

The amp was just listed as 'peavey xxx' i remembered from the show/pictures he used them on that tour... and reading on the forum...

bought it - and the builder of the amp (james brown 5150/xxx/jsx designer) confirmed it's authenticity- it was exactly what i thought it was

(the 3 amps on stage were dummys- this is one of the 2 heads he had worked on/modded that ran off the side of the stage)

anuj

#17 Post by anuj » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:32 pm

I asked Joe about it after I saw the show in Reno in '03. He said they were JSX prototypes, is all.

Ekim

#18 Post by Ekim » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Well congrats. I think it's really cool to own some bits of our guitar heroes' history. Enjoy!

Jeries

#19 Post by Jeries » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

i love it
i'm so happy and proud to own it.

it sounds amazing- i play it once in a while... still has the stock tubes in it that are dated 2003 or whatever.

it's super cool

At namm i met James Brown and the other guy at Peavey who built it-

James at one point in person or an email said 'i don't remember if we put a noise gate on that one but the final one has one- look for a knob somehwere in the back'

a week or so later- something cought my eye and sparkled- it was a knob way far in the back of the amp behind the tubes- it was the noise gate- now the amp is the most incredible sounding thing i've ever heard.