VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you attending this show at the Palais Theatre?

Meet up with fellow fans and review the show in this thread.

Jeroen :)
vai.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 pm 

Travelling to Melbourne this Friday evening for the show the next day :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:27 am 
Newcomer

The Melbourne Story of light concert had a problem.....it finished way too quickly..i could've sat there for another 2 and
a half hours.. Steve turned up about
15 minutes late because he said he was riding the pirate ship next door at luna Park..how classic is that ,
he goes one a kids ride before the show..the set included gravity storm , tender surrender weeping china doll
ftlo God , pusa road , ultra zone , frank , building the church , forgive me if i left out songs or have the wrong names i have
all the Cd's and Dvds' but i still get the titles wrong..just hearing the start of weeping china doll reaching into my being was a beautiful feeling ..Steve's songs don't often get on radio for a good reason...they are too emotionally rich for most pallettes..the outfit with the led lights Steve wore was great , the smiley face made my laugh. he got a song up from a couple of studio members out of a few sqawks and simple beats and sounds they made..Steve drips with music..Steve if you are reading this i think my piece "Bullit Mustang" on youtube has a greater chance of getting on radio Because its simple predictable and not terribly skilled...the Opposite to what you magically create..God bless you indeed Steve because you've created music which has that special something which makes millions of people feel emotions that lift the spirits..take care and all the best , us Melbournians enjoyed your show..and ,,Steve your voice is Fine..sing as much as you want ..ciao Nick .. oh yeah come back soon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:22 pm 
Newcomer

Steve I have been a fan of yours since 1988 and have attended all your Melbourne shows and Saturdays show was absolutely unbelievable experience yet again.

I have met you many times now and have had my Ibanez Jem and Universe signed buy you. Thank you so much for this , it really makes it all worthwhile being such a huge fan of yours.

For a around about two years now I have been building a custom tribute guitar to you and Passion and Warfare so this time round I wanted to show you how much of a fan I am and how much I appreciate the inspiration your playing and Passion and Warfare has had on my life.

I decided to purchase an EVO experience ticket and to get Steve to sign my guitar and take a few pictures with him.

Well what an experience this turned out to be, Upon being as nervous as hell meeting Steve I presented the guitar to him and explained that It was built as a tribute to him and Passion and Warfare.

Steve was very extremely impressed with the guitar and loved the swirl and the reverse headstock.

He signed it on the body and headstock and we took a few photos together.

The night did not end there, during the show Steve called me up on stage to build a song …. This was an honor and a privilege for me. I got to give Philip Byrone a bass line and play on Michael Arron’s keyboards.

Just as the night ended we all took a final bow.

It was a night that I will never forget for the rest of my life, Getting to live the dream of being a rockstar and on stage next to me idol.

This just shows that the Universe and Cosmos work in mysterious ways ……

Liberty and Justice For All…… Archie …… :guitar