VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this Alien Guitar Secrets Master Class at the Keller Platz?

Please post your reviews and comments here!

Jeroen :)
vai.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:42 am 

this masterclass like a concert...a lot of guys, a lot of food and drinks, like a big party. i met there some old friends too. All people got just 4 songs !! thanks steve, specially for morning in the hotel after breakfast, was nice look you playing my guitar :)))

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:49 am 

I had been to the Alien Guitar Secrets masterclass in Turin/Torino, but really had to come back for one more, because honestly... it was so good. Steve's classes are almost like his live shows: at the end of it you just feel good. The venue for this one was probably the oddest ever: it was like a tavern-restaurant with a stage, and almost all of it was wooden (and vibrating). Sort of like some pub that you might see maybe in the UK. The funny thing is that some of the greatest names of music have played there in the past. Go check their website ad have a look at what it looks like inside. The sound in the end was good, anyway.

Anyway, the class was similar in structure to the one in Turin, but different in that there were lots more people (and I mean lots), plus the questions were different (that's one of the reasons why I came back). And they are mostly very good, maybe with the exception of just one, when a young boy asked Steve what string gauge he uses. Anyway, Steve answered every question with lots of detail and a pinch of humor. Again, you had to be there to witness how good it all was. Any words I might use will just give you a pale idea of what it was like, really.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. During this last week I made some of the best memories ever, that I will cherish forever and never forget. A huge thank you to all the people who helped Steve make the shows with the orchestra and the masterclasses happen. And Steve, again, more than anyone else, thank you so much for everything.