VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you attending this show at the Hala Stulecia?

Meet up with fellow fans and review the show in this thread.

Jeroen :)
vai.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:27 pm 

8) well.....I have not actually attended but I have been mostly following along on YouTube to check it out because I Love you and your music. Its tough to find different footage of songs. A lot of Lotus Feet which is just absolutely beautiful. ..but many prefer For The Love of God, and rightly so. The Orchestra sounds wonderful and they look happy to be participating with you and your fans. I'm enjoying very much. You're wonderful to see and hear play, Tender Surrender is magical.....so energetic and passionate! Grrrrrrrr* You're gorgeous. Still hanging out with you in spirit. I'm sure at some point we will get some good footage of Whispering a Prayer.
Always.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 pm 
Newcomer

Hello!

Yes, i was at this show! That was indescribable!

I was the lucky one who picked up one of the three Steve's guitar picks, futhermore later i asked Steve for a hug and hugged me :D

Steve I hope that someday you will play a "I Would Love To" live and thank you, that you are !

Ps. I nearly cried while you played a Lotus Feet (it's a such breathtaking song)!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 am 
Newcomer

Hello!
I waited 4 months for this and I'm glad I could be there. The show was wonderful and every song was incredible, for example "Velorum" make a great impression in this arrangement, Lotus feet (one of my faves) was moving to the tears and I finally heard "Answers" and "Attitude song" live :D It was so nice to see musicians, who enjoy playing and being on stage.
That was my second concert and I'm waiting for the next :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:06 am 
Newcomer

Here you can see photos from that show made by me:-) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 714&type=1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:07 am 
Newcomer

And of course I enjoyed the show - it was amazing:-)

I also had an opportunity to meet Steve one day before the show - you are amazing person and musician:-) Hope to see you in Poland again:-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am 
Newcomer

The show was great. I really enjoyed the Fire Garden Suite. The orchestrated versions of Racing the World and Velorum were good too.
There was no chance to meet Steve before the show but I talked with him later on. I gave him my transcription of "Black Page #1". He's a really nice guy.

I didn't like the bodyguards. One of them put a hand on my on my shoulder and said "go away" while Steve was writing me a music sheet and we were talking.
Before the show one of them kicked us out for no reason while we were waiting for Steve behind the building. During the concert they were overreacting and interrupting while people just wanted to enjoy the show.

Orchestra was really good. The guitarist who played solo in "Crying machine" with Steve looked quite tensed. I'm sure there was a lot of people in the audience who could do a lot better than him.

Steve, come to Poland more often!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:48 am 
Newcomer

I am looking for a list of songs from Wroclaw.

The concert was brilliant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:43 pm 
Newcomer

Hi! I was there. Stunning concert.
You can check my photos from concert here: http://gramgitary.pl/steve-vai-tempo-evolution-orchestra-hala-stuleciam-wroclaw-12-06-2013-r/

Here is my interview with Steve, made few weeks before this show.

Polish version: http://gramgitary.pl/steve-vai-wywiad/

English version: http://gramgitary.pl/steve-vai-interview/

Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar!
Rafal

rafal@gramgitary.pl
http://www.gramgitary.pl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 pm 

Great interview! Thanks for sharing 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 am 
Newcomer

Thank U Jenn Pix :)

Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar!
Rafal

rafal@gramgitary.pl
http://www.gramgitary.pl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:15 am 
Newcomer

Hello Mr.Steve!

I'm Kate. I still can't believe that I met you in real - it's an honour for me. I was in a hat, do you remember me? I hope that yes You gave me your guitar pick when I asked you if I could get one of your guitar with whammy/tremolo bar as a gift

The concert was glorious and so emotional. During that performance I touched heaven. Thank you for that experience. E.T.O sounded just great and that acoustics in Hala... WOW. It's nice to looking at when you working with other musicians on the stage and when you keep contact with audience. It means that you're not only the best guitar master in the world but an amazing person too.
Your encore performance "For the Love of God" was the best concerts ending imaginable. That piece is over 20 years and still tug at the heartstrings! - it shows that you're very very great composer Mr. Vai. Really!
Well... You made me a day... no, you made me a life that night. Now I know what I'm looking for in my life - it's creating music and share it on stage with all people in the world
Can you imagine me with as good-working guitar as your on the stage and can you imagine that amazing waves of sound around me? Then I could create my own music world. It would be awsome idea for life. But now it's only my dream... And I really really want to realise that! So I hope on your next concert in Poland you'll take more guitars and give me one of them. Can you? Please reply to it. It's very important for me.
I'm a young and full of passion guitarist and I really want to play at big concerts like you.. or with you You know "if you get an exciting idea, just do it"

Respect to you. I hope you will come back to Poland once more. Wroclaw is waiting!

PS. Do you know you brought the sun to Wroclaw? May still raining and on June 12 the sun came out finally! It's so cool :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:52 pm 
Newcomer

I did one of the ,,things to do before die"! :mrgreen: