VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you attending this show at the Rossetti Politeama?

Meet up with fellow fans and review the show in this thread.

Jeroen :)
vai.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:46 am 
Newcomer

It's kind hard to review a Steve Vai concert.
A lot has been said over the years and everything would be... just words.
You have to be there, you have to hear Steve play and you have to see him play but most of all you have to connect. And if can get in the zone with him you will actually feel his music and the joy he's sending to the world.
I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone but every time i attend to one of Steve shows something clicks inside my head, it turns me off and then on again, like i've been resetted. And I feel good.
There is something in a show like the one he performed yesterday in Trieste (btw, thank you for playng in my hometown, I was hoping for that a long time) that makes me feel just right.
And the orchestra... speechless. Those guy are amazing. The atmosphere of the night was so intimate and Steve is always so in touch with us fans that is almost unreal.

Sorry guys, not a great review (i'm not good at this stuff) but I just wanted to express some of the emotions this amazing artist always bless me with.
When Steve Vai ends up his concert saying "life is good" and you've been there, you know he's right!
Thank you for the inspiration.
Cristian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 am 

I enjoyed this show very much. Despite a bunch of technical problems (mostly having to do with the mixer at the side of the stage, like the sitar and acoustic guitar being too low at first or stage monitors humming), for me this was a great show. It's hard for me to be too critical  about these things, but Steve and the orchestra performed the whole setlist (encores included), with so much energy and passion, and the audience responded very well, I think. Apparently, the orchestra was having a bit of a rough time at soundcheck with a couple of sections on Velorum (especially some of the rhythm parts). It was not a matter of playing the right notes, but rather a matter of playing them with the right dynamics and the right length. It was funny, because during the show, right after that song was over, Steve was happy and told the orchestra that it had come out better than at soundcheck.
Then not only is the setlist so great, but there are a lot of moments where Steve will add some guitar-fairy-dust, so to speak. Actually there are a lot of those moments, and they change every night, that's why it is so great to see more than one concert, if you get the chance. Towards the end of the show, even though the audience was sitting, a lot of people stood up and reached the edge of the stage, cheering on Steve and the orchestra. It was two solid hours of great time, and I'm grateful that I had the chance to be there.