VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:18 am 

I stumbled across this video on YouTube entitled "Steve Vai blows up his amp". I won't post any links because I don't know the policy about that on these forums but it should be easy to find. I don't think I have ever heard the song and am curious about the name. It sounds pretty good but I would like to hear a higher quality version of it.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:12 am 

Gravity Storm - track 6 from Story of Light :guitar :headbang

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:51 am 

Very cool song. Thank You.

I listened to this song again on YouTube. The main riff is very cool, overall a really cool, good song. I would have to give it a 9/10. I had to subtract one for the overuse of the angelic voices in the background. I think it was overused. The song would probably be better without them. I think he used something similar on Sex and Religion on the "Road to Mt. Calvary" track.

Which brings to mind the overuse of the laughing voice on Jibboom. Jibboom is an awesome bluesy type song. I learned to play it decent on my guitar I like it so much. But the laughing stuff I could do with out.

Anybody think Vai ruins some of his songs with the background effects?(Im raising my hand right now). And, if it's a really good song you wanna listen to like a 100 times it gets even worse. Wish he would start releasing tracks with/without these oddities for people. He could put both versions on a double-cd set or something.

Im just being overly picky, not trying to be harsh. Vai is one of the best guitar players in the world. Just my thoughts on some things.

Edit: In fact, now that I think about it. Isn't there a way to encode music in two different channels or something so that you could separate the two if you wanted to with music software? I know that this kind of stuff is done on DVDs and Blu Ray discs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 am 
Banned

just freaking post the video for god sake, this kids nowadays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYqTG3dgKo