VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 pm 

Did you attend last night's show at Circus in Helsinki? Please share your experience with us here:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 am 
Newcomer

This show was month's ago but I could not resist signing in to write something about it. It was THAT good. Helsinki's The Circus is not the best place acoustically, and fans were packed like sardines, but when the music started it really did not matter too much.

Steve Vai was incredible, humble, fantastic.. as always the playing was mind-boggling and beautiful, my personal highlight was seeing him play Audience is Listening live - that solo is magical. I was not familiar with the Story of Light, so I heard most all of those songs for the first time in this concert. Alongside John the Revelator, Weeping China Doll just blew me away and had to get the album after the gig.

As a hard rock fan, I really appreciate the diversity in Steve's music and once again he impressed the audience by composing a ripping tune on the spot with the help of a gentleman in a wheelchair who was lifted up on stage. My memory is fuzzy from there, but it was a fantastic show and hope to see Steve in Helsinki again soon!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:16 pm 

polkadotflyingvee wrote:
This show was month's ago but I could not resist signing in to write something about it. It was THAT good. Helsinki's The Circus is not the best place acoustically, and fans were packed like sardines, but when the music started it really did not matter too much.

Steve Vai was incredible, humble, fantastic.. as always the playing was mind-boggling and beautiful, my personal highlight was seeing him play Audience is Listening live - that solo is magical. I was not familiar with the Story of Light, so I heard most all of those songs for the first time in this concert. Alongside John the Revelator, Weeping China Doll just blew me away and had to get the album after the gig.

As a hard rock fan, I really appreciate the diversity in Steve's music and once again he impressed the audience by composing a ripping tune on the spot with the help of a gentleman in a wheelchair who was lifted up on stage. My memory is fuzzy from there, but it was a fantastic show and hope to see Steve in Helsinki again soon!

I love your very exciting Helsinki review, and completely agree with you about Steve and his amazing music!!!!!!!!! :D :guitar :headbang :peace There's something very magical that happens when Steve is on stage!!!!!!!!!! :guitar :peace He makes us nearly forget the mundane reality outside the venue, as he weaves his aural magic..........Steve transports us to an ethereal place........such a beautiful feeling!!!!!! :peace Oh, and "Weeping China Doll" is one of my all-time favorites; just incredibly gorgeous!!!!!! :guitar :peace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm 
Newcomer

Thank you! Indeed this was an incredible show!! The first time I saw Steve live was the Skyscraper tour at the legendary Helsinki Jäähalli (Ice Hall). At that show I had a seat just behind the stage above Steve's techie and all the equipment, which was awesome.. but the Circus gig was much much much more personal, and of course musically Pure Vai :-)