8 Sept 2012 Fall Tour - Mayo P. Arts Center - Morristown, NJ

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
mach1andy

8 Sept 2012 Fall Tour - Mayo P. Arts Center - Morristown, NJ

#1 Post by mach1andy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Did you attend tonight's show at The Mayo Performing Arts Center? Please share your experience with us here:

kyle am I

Re: 8 Sept 2012 Fall Tour - Mayo P. Arts Center - Morristown

#2 Post by kyle am I » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:25 am

oh my god. this was the best night of the entire year for me. it was AMAZING. It was so overwhelming to, after two years of constant pictures and youtube videos, to see Steve and the band. Steve was at the top of his game, and for the first time the electricity in the air was feel-able, something you cant get on youtube. Throught the whole show, everything ran perfectly, the only thing when deborah stepped on steves cord and he almost slipped. Every song went off without a hitch, it was the perfect show for a vai fan. The audience interaction was amazing though. everyone in the first 15 rows had steves attention. The venue was REALLY small too, like super really small, smaller than the count basie theater. I had a seat on the right just behind the Evo experience people. I put a big piece of gaffer tape on my vai shirt saying : Will Play For EVO and every time he looked at me he would have to supress a laugh. it was as funny for him as it was for me, i couldnt help but think how ridiculous i looked. So i think i was the kid he looked to all show, he kept making eye contact ( which isnt that special, but i was hoping he would call me up to make the song wioth him). he didnt call me up to make the song... it was planned before the show a local band would come up and jam with him with another guy in the band making the melody and stuff. But ill tell you, he gets everyone every time with the " i am steve vai, ya know" linme. its so funny. at the end of the show, during taurus bulba, all the right drunk people jumped up and started taking videos and stuff. when steve walked over (like ten feet away) i jumped up and started making notions and stuff. at that point he looked at me and threw me a pick, and though it went over my head and was never to be seen again, its the thought that counts ;) . after, i met deborah dave and phil by the store. best night! got tons of pictures and a few videos.

molgolsonden

#3 Post by molgolsonden » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:57 pm

kyle am I wrote:oh my god. this was the best night of the entire year for me. it was AMAZING. It was so overwhelming to, after two years of constant pictures and youtube videos, to see Steve and the band. Steve was at the top of his game, and for the first time the electricity in the air was feel-able, something you cant get on youtube. Throught the whole show, everything ran perfectly, the only thing when deborah stepped on steves cord and he almost slipped. Every song went off without a hitch, it was the perfect show for a vai fan. The audience interaction was amazing though. everyone in the first 15 rows had steves attention. The venue was REALLY small too, like super really small, smaller than the count basie theater. I had a seat on the right just behind the Evo experience people. I put a big piece of gaffer tape on my vai shirt saying : Will Play For EVO and every time he looked at me he would have to supress a laugh. it was as funny for him as it was for me, i couldnt help but think how ridiculous i looked. So i think i was the kid he looked to all show, he kept making eye contact ( which isnt that special, but i was hoping he would call me up to make the song wioth him). he didnt call me up to make the song... it was planned before the show a local band would come up and jam with him with another guy in the band making the melody and stuff. But ill tell you, he gets everyone every time with the " i am steve vai, ya know" linme. its so funny. at the end of the show, during taurus bulba, all the right drunk people jumped up and started taking videos and stuff. when steve walked over (like ten feet away) i jumped up and started making notions and stuff. at that point he looked at me and threw me a pick, and though it went over my head and was never to be seen again, its the thought that counts ;) . after, i met deborah dave and phil by the store. best night! got tons of pictures and a few videos.
http://youtu.be/TjHE_6UANek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; check this out!

kyle am I

#4 Post by kyle am I » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am

molgolsonden wrote:
kyle am I wrote:oh my god. this was the best night of the entire year for me. it was AMAZING. It was so overwhelming to, after two years of constant pictures and youtube videos, to see Steve and the band. Steve was at the top of his game, and for the first time the electricity in the air was feel-able, something you cant get on youtube. Throught the whole show, everything ran perfectly, the only thing when deborah stepped on steves cord and he almost slipped. Every song went off without a hitch, it was the perfect show for a vai fan. The audience interaction was amazing though. everyone in the first 15 rows had steves attention. The venue was REALLY small too, like super really small, smaller than the count basie theater. I had a seat on the right just behind the Evo experience people. I put a big piece of gaffer tape on my vai shirt saying : Will Play For EVO and every time he looked at me he would have to supress a laugh. it was as funny for him as it was for me, i couldnt help but think how ridiculous i looked. So i think i was the kid he looked to all show, he kept making eye contact ( which isnt that special, but i was hoping he would call me up to make the song wioth him). he didnt call me up to make the song... it was planned before the show a local band would come up and jam with him with another guy in the band making the melody and stuff. But ill tell you, he gets everyone every time with the " i am steve vai, ya know" linme. its so funny. at the end of the show, during taurus bulba, all the right drunk people jumped up and started taking videos and stuff. when steve walked over (like ten feet away) i jumped up and started making notions and stuff. at that point he looked at me and threw me a pick, and though it went over my head and was never to be seen again, its the thought that counts ;) . after, i met deborah dave and phil by the store. best night! got tons of pictures and a few videos.
http://youtu.be/TjHE_6UANek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; check this out!
thats great!!! bringin back memories!!!

litlgrnman

#5 Post by litlgrnman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:31 am

Sounds like an amazing night! I found this review scouring the internet and thought i'd share:

http://www.soundpress.net/files-feature ... ve-vai.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some really great pics in there.