VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 am 

Bryceybhoy wrote:
I'm not sure I'll be doing the EVO experience again. I think once you've done it once, that's it. I couldn't stomach another "how did you learn how to play guitar" discussion. But for first timers, it's a blast. I had a great time.

Surely someone could ask Steve for his official plans for the booklet......and ask him when the "EVO secret" is going to be used...... 8)
I think I agree with you and I think if Steve mentioned his orchestral work, I might make a lunge at him! The enormous gap between studio albums has somewhat dampened my ardour toward Steve and my feelings have been steered entirely toward the music rather than the cult of personality (now, who heard the Living Colour riff when they read that last bit? You're showing your age if you did!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 am 

Great riff. But prefer Leave it Alone. Cracking tunes!

Ah, the orchestra work. Don't get me started. Tried to watch that YouTube clip of the Middle of Everywhere and, sorry to say, it's just nonsense. If you're looking for new music, try listening to some of the samples of Mark Tremonti's new solo album. My thirst for guitar even had me looking up Guthrie Govan last night. I'm still not convinced, but I'm willing to give him my patience in return for musical well-being.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am 

That's why I love Devin Townsend...I find most of his music very fulfilling and he releases roughly 1.5 albums per year:) Almost every album is different but great!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:25 am 
Newcomer

I am selling my secret jewel box- if you are interested e-mail hammond (dot) chamberlain (at) gmail (dot) com...

i can send pictures and we can work something out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 am 
Newcomer

actually the Live in Japan has been officially released on CD in the UK from Store For Music. They released Disturbing The Peace w/ the 2nd disc being the Japan show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:47 am 

I was most interested in the Classified material, Hot Chunks and the 100 page booklet at the end. I have stopped holding my breath for this however...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:02 pm 

To be honest, I dont even care anymore about the rest of the CD's that where promised to us. (Somebody with an EVO Experence should ask Steve about this) BUT, I DO feel RIPPED-OFF about the 100 page book that I/we where going to get for ordering the Box Set............... :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:11 am 
Newcomer

I know bumping this thread won't do anything - but I'll do it anyways...

kestrou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:23 pm 

Wow! has it really been nearly two years since I've last posted here?

Jeroen, has Steve ever mentioned if or why he's abandoned the Secret Jewel Box project? I don't doubt that he's an incredibly busy person juggling between family and professional responsibilities, but he's left thoise of us who commited to this box set from the beginning hanging on this for a long time.

I love everything he's releaseed and wouldn't want him to compromise the quality of any one project because of another project. If he's too focused on other things to take the time out to complete the SJB project, would he be interested in having an outside party take on the duty of fulfilling the SJB?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:31 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Wow! has it really been nearly two years since I've last posted here?

Jeroen, has Steve ever mentioned if or why he's abandoned the Secret Jewel Box project? I don't doubt that he's an incredibly busy person juggling between family and professional responsibilities, but he's left thoise of us who commited to this box set from the beginning hanging on this for a long time.

I love everything he's releaseed and wouldn't want him to compromise the quality of any one project because of another project. If he's too focused on other things to take the time out to complete the SJB project, would he be interested in having an outside party take on the duty of fulfilling the SJB?

I asked Steve about the SJB in the EVO experience I attended last fall in CT. He apologized and said he understood why I would be pissed off. I told him I wasn't pissed off, but I was disappointed. I also jokingly said it's tough for those of us with OCD to look at anything that has something missing from it. Steve responded that the SJB "is not dead". I asked him point blank. He said he will put it up higher in his list of priorities.

I'm not saying you should hold your breath, but he did, in fact, say that the SJB is definitely not dead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:51 am 

Thank you for the info!

If everybody who attends his masterclass clinics inquires about the SJB, perhaps that will expedite the release of the remaining discs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:11 am 

Woah, nearly 3 years since I last posted here in this thread !! Still very sad that there's no further solid news on this, but thanks PSD for asking Steve about it. At least he has said it's not dead, so that's a thread of encouragement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:26 pm 

Yeah, it's sad that the SJB doesn't seem to be anywehere near its completion...honestly, at this rate I'd be surprised if it ever does get completed. One can only hope.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33