VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:09 pm 
Newcomer

It's hard to be an artist and promise stuff. Sometimes things get pushed to the back burner when other projects come up. Think of all the cool things we have gotten in the last 7 years as Vai fans. I'll take that stuff over worrying about a box set of stuff that is hard to find but already released :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:24 pm 

I believe he will release it, I think he is waiting on the right moment to him, not to mention how busy the guy is. Mr. Vai has never been one never deliver on what he says though.
It is Good that this thread is still going though and Although I anxiously await the releases to the SJB I know it is coming in its own time.
Myself I am really digging on the Vaitune releases lately.

JAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:15 am 

"Mr. Vai has never been one never deliver on what he says though."

Really.......?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:28 pm 

I'm Sorry "Mr. Vai has Never been one to not deliver on what he says."

If that was your question.....?

If not then I can't think of a Piece of music or album to be released he has reneged on. Some pieces may take a lot more time than some of us would like to be released, and in our homes, But hey...It's Vai, Not McDonald's. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 am 

Estang74 wrote:
It's hard to be an artist and promise stuff. Sometimes things get pushed to the back burner when other projects come up. Think of all the cool things we have gotten in the last 7 years as Vai fans. I'll take that stuff over worrying about a box set of stuff that is hard to find but already released :D

But it's not already released ! Discs 7 & 8, which are the Alcatrazz live recordings was originally a video release. It's never been released on cd.

Disc 9: Steve Vai and the Classified is previously unreleased
Disc 10: Hot Chunks is unreleased

You miss the point though. It's not a case of worrying about hard to find stuff. Those of us who purchased the Secret Jewel Box paid a lot of money for it, and we just want to have it complete instead of half finished.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:09 am 

As far as the SJB goes (which just happens to be the "poster boy" for unfinished business), I know of someone on the inside of the Vai camp that have sold off their boxes, not expecting them to be finished.

:(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 am 

although not on CD the alcatrazz has been released before .. also the Classified album has been released before ...i own both.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:16 pm 

I am a patient man, but this is like waiting for GNR's Chinese Democracy, except that the music is already recorded. Compact discs will be history soon. Steve, please finish the box set.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:38 pm 

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:42 pm 

RAI wrote:
As far as the SJB goes (which just happens to be the "poster boy" for unfinished business), I know of someone on the inside of the Vai camp that have sold off their boxes, not expecting them to be finished.

:(

I sure hope that is not the case. :?

This is still an open question for anyone in the Vai camp who know the answers....

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

I have a few questions in regards to the Secret Jewel Box...

Are the remaining CDs already completed for eventual release?

Has this project been abandoned altogether?

Are there legal or licensing issues holding back further releases?

Have there been changes to what Steve Vai may or may not include for the rest of the box set (assuming that there are still plans to complete this set)?

Jeroen, Mikey, Steve Himself?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm 

Don't hold your breath..........

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 am 
Newcomer

The Classified has not been released. Ever ! There are some Classified bootlegs but they are from live shows not the studio. Much of the Classified material played live was Flex-Able , Western Vacation and pre- Passion and Warfare. Video's from '85 with Hamm and Frazier have some of the new material minus the keys and vocals. Back in 2002 Steve personally told me that this disk was in the 'can' and ready to go. Surely some of this has once again to be rights issues. Personally I believe Steve should release this CD to the general public, not just the boxed set owners. I think a lot of the old Zappa fans would jump on this hard.

Sure Panic Garden, was released as a Video back in the day. Steve has said these CD's are complete. I'm sure this one is down to rights issues. There is a 2 CD bootleg floating around, but that is just an audio rip from a rip of the video.

Hot Chunks. ... Like yeah right.

Book ? - When ever I want you , all I have to do is dream....

Just give us the Classified Steve !!!!!
Gary Cox.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 pm 
Newcomer

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Have there been changes to what Steve Vai may or may not include for the rest of the box set (assuming that there are still plans to complete this set)?

I'm with you SB - I check in here at the fan forums every six months or so, just to see there's anything on the SJB - and there's never is... *sigh*

kestrou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:20 pm 

kestrou wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

I'm with you SB - I check in here at the fan forums every six months or so, just to see there's anything on the SJB - and there's never is... *sigh*

kestrou

My questions are still open.

It's been 7 years since the 6th of 10th installment in the SJB was released, being Mike Keneally's "Vai Piano reductions Vol. 1", which is a great Cd.

The announced releases that complete the set are -
- Alcatrazz: Panic Jungle [Live In Japan] (2 CDs}
- Steve Vai & The Classified (1 CD)
- Hot Chunks (1 CD)
- 100 page booklet

A decade has passed since the release of the SJB and 10,000 eager Steve Vai fans patiently await to complete their collection.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:42 pm 

I burnt my box set out in the garden a while back and the flame was bright purple and the crackling flames sounded out the melody to FTLOG. How did they do that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next