VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:26 am 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

In an effort to bring all Box Set questions and comments to one place, please use this forum.

The most current news on the Box Set is that Steve has finished sequence and mastering of the next installments (Archives Vol. 3 & 4) of the Secret Jewel Box.

Expect an announcement in the next week or two regarding release date and final track listing.

peace,

Mikey :)
vai.com

Last edited by Mikey on Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:56 am 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Slug Balancer wrote:
Will they be available on general release? I ask because I live in England. When I ordered the box set I was lamped with a £15-20 customs tax (which apparently we get levied on any international items over about £15 - one way of taxing the internet)
I understand that the box itself was a limited edition, not the CD's themselves.
The "Elusive Light & Sound" was a box set item but was available on general release, so does that mean that the rest of the discs will be too?

Hi Slug,

At this stage it looks like the next installments will only be available on Vai.com.

Regarding the tax: I would suspect that each disc cost less that £15, so you will probably not be hit with the tax.

Stay tuned, an announcement will be made shortly.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:25 pm 

Cheers Mikey. It would be a little OTT to buy a CD priced at £15 inc. shipping only to have another £15 hammered on to the cost...
I'd still buy it, though! :D

Post subject: Secret Jewel Box
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:33 am 

I'm beginning to get a bit concerned now that I bought the box set under a misunderstanding. I also live in England and ordered the box set as soon as it was originally released back in 2001. I also had to pay the extra cost to get it shipped over here, and then I had to pay to get it shipped back because of poor quality (the box itself was falling apart !). I did get a good replacement though.

But when I ordered the box set in the first place I was under the impression that the price was a one off payment, and that the following 7 cds would be sent as they were released. Have I got that wrong? Do we actually have to purchase the remaining 7 cds separately?

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:06 am 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Hello Tony :)

Yes, the remaining CDs are being sold separately. This was always the case and was explained on the Box Set pages.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:53 am 

Keep in mind that if a cd is $18 and you got through...that means the value of the cd's alone in the box set are $54. Plus a cool box's and whatever is in the hidden compartment :)

Now actuallity is that CD's around where I live are $20 on average...

Now here is my question. I ordered it last night...but are they actually in stock to where the will ship it out today or maybe tomorrow...there policy is it ships the same day if ordered by a certain time.

I have tried to order the box set twice before...the first time was around 2001 christmas and they said they ran out...the second time was right after they said the second shipment came in...yet after waiting about 2 weeks I got an email saying my card was declined.

Actually I have ordered things from the vai store 4 times and nothing has ever worked. It is the only online store I have had such bad experience...although it may have just been bad luck or mis fortune. It is kind of discouraging

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:01 am 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

The reasons you've listed above don't add up to a bad experience to me. The first time you ordered it, and it was out of stock. Would you have preferred them to keep you waiting until more became available? Your second problem was due to the card being declined. That's not the store's fault. I'd take that up with your credit card company. ;)

You will have to direct your initial question to Music Today, as they run the store. The box sets are in stock, as I answered in an earlier post a couple of days ago.

Peace,

Mikey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:19 am 

I know...but when your expecting something to arrive any day, and then you get an email 2 weeks later saying your card was declined...isn't very cool. Anyway, I'll email them...I'll edit this post and tell you the response...so nobody else has to ask

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:52 pm 

The box set has already shipped and it is on it's way here. I am so excited :)!!! Anyway, the people just responded to my email and said something along the lines of.

"Yes it is in stock and should ship out soon"

well turns out it shipped out right after a bought it (less than a couple hours)

So yeah if anyone is thinking of ordering one...go ahead...I got one of the 10,000 so I am happy

Post subject: er
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:36 pm 

Mikey, can you set something straight with me.......

I tried about 10 months ago to order the Secret Jewel Box from the Light Without Heat merchandising page. I started filling out the online order form, only to discover it didn't cater (at that time) for addresses outside the US. Can we now get the Box delivered to the UK?

I'd kinda like to get a couple of 'em, to store all my Vai CD's in! hehe, would be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:52 pm 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

As far as I know, Music Today is able to ship outside of the USA. Their purchase form allows for overseas addresses, and many of the Jewel Boxes are owned by non-US fans.

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Peace,

Mikey :)
vai.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:21 am 

I've seen some Jewel Boxes at national stores here in France (like Virgin, ...) so you might be able to find them in UK too. Price is higher but at least you get it immediatly... and no trouble with payment.
Can't wait for the next CDs to fill the box !

Post subject: ace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:25 am 

Thanks Mikey!

hey Arnie, you've seen them in stores like Virgin, you say?
That's cool, I might see if one of the big stores like that can order it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:02 am 

Just to add to the current line of thought: Last summer I was going through France by car with some family, and I saw two boxes at a store. Not a virgin store though, but some other place I had not heard of... (I think :) ):!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:16 am 

In France, I saw the box at Virgin and another national store FNAC. Price was about 140 Euro... a bit too expensive I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next