Vai Box Set

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
liquidnumb
Newcomer

Vai Box Set

#1 Post by liquidnumb » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:30 pm

Hey there,

Sorry if this is something you all have already discussed, but I haven't heard much about Steve's box set in a few years. Ever since the piano album there hasnt' been a release to my knowledge. I am real anxious to get my hands on the rest of the CDs anyone have any inside info on this?

Scott

Steve Himself
VIP
VIP

That ol' box

#2 Post by Steve Himself » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:35 pm

Yeah... ahh... sorry about that.
I have much of the rest of the CD's finished, It's just finding the time to tweak them. For the next installment I hope to release a double live Alcatrazz CD from Japan called "Panic Jungle". Perhaps early to mid 07.
I have to catch my breath from all these tours.
s

axeman31390

#3 Post by axeman31390 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:44 pm

oh wow I can't wait... I managed to collect all 5 cds and the box set within christmas and new years eve... now the wait is going to make me enjoy this release even more...

litlgrnman

#4 Post by litlgrnman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:08 pm

Take your time! KEEP TOURING!! :headbang

Seraphim

#5 Post by Seraphim » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:59 pm

litlgrnman wrote:Take your time! KEEP TOURING!! :headbang
And some more concerts in Europe 8)

jemgirl

#6 Post by jemgirl » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:41 am

yeah..holland again for instance!!
patricia :wink:

treeduck

Re: That ol' box

#7 Post by treeduck » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:08 am

Steve Himself wrote:Yeah... ahh... sorry about that.
I have much of the rest of the CD's finished, It's just finding the time to tweak them. For the next installment I hope to release a double live Alcatrazz CD from Japan called "Panic Jungle". Perhaps early to mid 07.
s
Oh yeah Alcatrazz, I'm looking forward to that one. I still really rate Disturbing the Peace as a great album...

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

WHO'D YOU GUYS OPEN FOR?

#8 Post by CymbalSplittingSkinbasher » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:19 am

I've seen Alcatrazz live, :mrgreen: They opened for somebody, can't remember who though, Richfield Coliseum, had to have been mid 80's I think? :? All I know is that I was there! :headbang :peace

treeduck

Re: WHO'D YOU GUYS OPEN FOR?

#9 Post by treeduck » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:24 am

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:I've seen Alcatrazz live, :mrgreen: They opened for somebody, can't remember who though, Richfield Coliseum, had to have been mid 80's I think? :? All I know is that I was there! :headbang :peace
Who was in the band? Yngwie? Steve? Or Danny Johnson? Wonder what happened to him?

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

NOT SURE?

#10 Post by CymbalSplittingSkinbasher » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:33 am

I'm trying to remember, :? :? , not sure really, I mean, I remember them & watching them but.....it was 20+ years ago :? :? Maybe Steve can shed some light here!? Steve, did you play Richfield Coliseum with Alcatrazz, opening for someone? :?

treeduck

Re: NOT SURE?

#11 Post by treeduck » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:39 am

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:I'm trying to remember, :? :? , not sure really, I mean, I remember them & watching them but.....it was 20+ years ago :? :? Maybe Steve can shed some light here!? Steve, did you play Richfield Coliseum with Alcatrazz, opening for someone? :?
Well Yngwie left sort of halfway through 1984 I think, And Danny Johnson replaced Steve when he teamed up with DLR. I remember reading about Steve and Billy joining the DLR band in Kerrang about March 1986 and going Jesus what a band!! :shock:

salamancafiesta

#12 Post by salamancafiesta » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:12 pm

s
Is that the same footage as the collectors item alcatrazz VHS in which you play?

Seraphim

Re: WHO'D YOU GUYS OPEN FOR?

#13 Post by Seraphim » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:33 am

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:I've seen Alcatrazz live, :mrgreen: They opened for somebody, can't remember who though, Richfield Coliseum, had to have been mid 80's I think? :? All I know is that I was there! :headbang :peace
I never have been in Alcatrazz... :lol: :lol: :lol:

liquidnumb
Newcomer

#14 Post by liquidnumb » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:29 pm

s
Wow, I can't believe I never saw this response from the man himself. Here's to hoping Steve finds the time to complete this box set!

Scott

redrook

Re: Vai Box Set

#15 Post by redrook » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:23 am

Still no more releases. It's getting to the point where the box has just been a giant con.